MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

FOR JEEPERS!

Here's some baby & growth pics you'll enjoy Jeepers! We'll share with ya...LOL...but you can't have her! Oh, she's too big now to wrap herself around daddy's neck! LOL Jeepers must be sure to have her "scenario" BOL close to Philbe's... :hapydancsmil:

Edited by Philbe
  • 2 weeks later...

Went snow shoeing for a couple of hours today...thought Jeepers would like to see her "niece puppy" play in the snow! Tuckered all three of our hinnies out! We got about 10 inches in our area and they're calling for another 3 come late Monday or so. But, we love playing in the snow! Just didn't like it when we had to get up for work with it, clearing walks etc, clearing windshields & mirrors, and using gas up to pre-heat vehicles. Abby sends her "smooch" to ya!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sending Jeepers a big hug from our lab-brat! We had went back to the van for all of us to have our picnic lunch. She's a pretty tired lab/aussie from our day trip to the swap-n-shop. All three of us were on our feet for 4+ hours. Headed out again today for the preppers expo. Love these events because we find some things we need AND it's a good socialization for Abby-girl. Getting her used to not jumping on people when they ooo&aaah over her. Had one lady ask us "how do you keep a big dog from jumping on your?" Guess they think it's okay for a small dog to jump on people? LOL Got a funny (I think?) ... one of the vendors told us that last year, a woman walked up with a corgi on a leash & was looking at their stuff. The dog came over to the husband & flopped down at his feet & was receiving a thorough petting. Shortly they looked up and the woman was walking off! They hollered at her and said "Hey, you forgot your dog!" Her replay was "That's not my dog, it's yours". When we had first walked up & Abby flopped down at the woman's feet, the husband said "don't come over here, I'm not going to pet you"...that's why the wife explained his comment! Well, no worry...Abby-girl aint gettin' left behind! I'm not sure how she'd react if we tried to walk off and leave her. I'm thinking they'd have a real fight with a 75# dog! LOL

• 1 month later...

"Mommy, I'm just a little puppy trapped in a big girl's body" ...and "85# worth of lovin' with my Daddy"...then, "how about a wrestling match with my Daddy!" and "I finally have my own girl cave, I just go in, pull the door partially shut and take a nappy-poo!"

Poor Abby...no one will feed her. She is getting so thin. I guess she has had to resort to eating chicken daddy fingers for lunch. Woe is her! :008Laughing:

I just love that dog! It warms my heart to see she has a mom and dad who takes such good care of her.

She always seems so happy. Thanks for sharing her with us.

• 2 months later...

ABBY-GIRL loves to play frisbee with her mommy! Had to take a bit of a breather though, and get a swig of water from the blue bucket that her daddy keeps at the Little House to fill when she's there. Mtn.Man cut brush & limbs today while I mowed, just about got it cleaned up from the last storms. Playing frisbee makes it easier for mommy to mow because I like to go lay down by her lawn chair or watch daddy cut brush! LOL

• 1 month later...

Okay; this was Abby's very first lesson at "bike trotting" along side Mountain Man's collapsible bike (in case you wonder why the bike looks so small! LOL It's very sturdy, believe me!) She did absolutely wonderful! (bragging!) She learned very quickly not to cross over in front of the bicycle, but had some difficulty with other dogs that would charge their fences barking like crazy. She didn't know if they were wanting to attack MM or what. Then some lady had her little terrier running loose in her yard and it charged Abby from behind. I told MM "she needs to be able to protect herself"...so he stopped so she could turn around. When the lady heard me say that, I guess she figured her little ankle biter might end up as lunch for Abby-girl and started screaming at her dog to come back. Her dog then stopped in the middle of the road, and when it noticed me riding straight for it on my trike, it decided it's own yard was a safer place! LOL Sure would have hated to run into the mutt...Anyway, here a couple of pics I took from behind them, on my trike. They may not be the best pics, but they were a moving target! LOL

Edited by Philbe

Bless her heart...she looks like a natural. Quick learner!

Can't blame her for being apprehensive. Dogs probably don't understand the concept of a fence they can see through. With her eyes, all she needs to do is give those little nippers the look and that should do it! Thanks for sharing! She sure is a sweetie. :wub:

• 3 months later...

Abby-girl is grounded! Last night, 10:00 pm, -2 outside, she decides she wants to take off and leave her daddy and her yard. No matter how much Mountain Man whistled & called, even used the word "Treat!" (which she nearly always comes to) didn't bring her home. He came in nearly frantic! Put on his winter boots, coat, hat, gloves and while he was doing that I used my whistle that I've used for recall because I can't whistle, still no Abby. He grabbed the flashlight and my whistle and went looking for our Abby-girl. I stood at the back door, looking out the window just in case she came back without her daddy. He also took his cell so I could call him if she showed up. We were petrified! I know she's chipped & tagged, but that doesn't help a dog that's frozen, poisoned or hit by a car. Finally Mountain Man saw her eyes coming towards him in the glare of the flashlight, and they were both very glad to see each other. When she came bounding in the back door I loudly accused her "did you run away!", and down on her belly she went. She knew she was in trouble big time with mommy! Then we noticed blood on the towel as we started to dry her feet. I grabbed the quick clotting powder (we buy from PetCo or PetSmart) and we got the bleeding stopped. Don't know if it was ice or glass or ??? Anyway, into her diva cave she had to go (crate) and she didn't even balk LOL. Her daddy didn't let her out for about an hour, and then we both gave her the "silent" treatment. Mountain Man put his arms around me and was near to tears after putting her in her crate, and said "I was so scared". You've never seen a more sorrowful pout on a pooch! LOL Anyway, she's been on pretty good behavior all day, I think she knew she was a naughty dog! So she's grounded. She can't go outside of her little "potty yard" for right now.

Bless her little fuzzy butt. Hee-Hee. She was just trying to get to Auntie Jeepers house. She knew how cold it is up here and wanted to make sure I had something warm to snuggle up with. See...it wasn't really her fault!

That is frightening though. Poor MM. He must have been frozen and worried. That is a horrible feeling. Ya gotta wonder though, they probably figure it's worth a little time-out in a nice warm crate for a few minutes of pure unadulterated freedom. I'm remembering my rebellious teen years... Glad the little scamp is safe at home now.

Bless her little fuzzy butt. Hee-Hee. She was just trying to get to Auntie Jeepers house. She knew how cold it is up here and wanted to make sure I had something warm to snuggle up with. See...it wasn't really her fault!

That is frightening though. Poor MM. He must have been frozen and worried. That is a horrible feeling. Ya gotta wonder though, they probably figure it's worth a little time-out in a nice warm crate for a few minutes of pure unadulterated freedom. I'm remembering my rebellious teen years... Glad the little scamp is safe at home now.

"Scamp"? Mommy called her a "Tramp"! LOL Glad she's spayed!

"Scamp"? Mommy called her a "Tramp"! LOL Glad she's spayed!

LOL :008Laughing:

• 3 weeks later...

Poor baby...such a dog's life!

She is gorgeous. I can't believe how long she is getting. I knew she was getting tall but I never realized how long she is. Of course being all sprawled out, you can really see how big she is getting.

Auntie Jeepers loves you but don't try to get up here again until the weather is warmer. I think you just thought you were at the other house with the bigger yard when you took off running that night. I know you got the blame for running off but I know it was an accident. They keep you confused don't they, hon. And take it easy on your dad...no more running him over! Remember who carries the feed bags in. Don't want him out of commission...yet. :grinning-smiley-044: