MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Valentines Day

Jeepers

Don't forget to get your Valentines bought and mailed. Time to do it is now! Think you don't have anyone to send them too? I'm sure it would brighten anyone's day. I'm sending one to a little boy that I 'know' who is in the hospital that was just severely burned by a space heater and another 'special' child (Downs) who I know a simple card will be a day brightener. One of my friends has had a very tough time lately and she will get a silly valentine from me to help bring a little smile to her pretty face. Also my very favorite Great Dane is very ill and she is going to be getting a card from me this week with a little extra treat. One little card to someone who isn't expecting it will bring joy to both the giver and the receiver...I promise!

Jeeps wish I could give you a hug, but you'll have to settle for an "E-Hug"! LOL We're scheduled to deliver flowers again for a local florist, but we'll need to use their vehicle since we no longer have the little red van :-) Can't load and unload them in the back of the truck and no room in Miss B. MrWE2 puts on a red shirt and does the actually delivering while I navigate the GPS and do the paper work to keep track of what goes where and to whom. It's so much fun for us. He comes back and tells me all about the smiles and surprised looks of all the receivers. He really enjoys delivering them to day care centers where the little tykes are so thrilled to have this tall (good looking I think) gentleman hand her flowers, candy or balloons!

Yep Jeepers...random acts of kindness :-) Putting just a little "umph" to the job brings everybody joy! We're true believers of "random acts of kindness" and have experienced the blessings of God as a result of them. But...random acts of treachery can bring the opposite :-( We helped a lady and her daughter out not long ago and God brought our beloved Miss B motorhome/van to us at no cost. One day we were at Lowe's and an older gent was trying to load some lumber by himself. MrWE2 jumped out and went to help...that later lead to some work because the man wrote down the phone number from our magnetic signs on the truck :-) Then last week the next door neighbor at the Roost came knocking & asked MrWE2 to come to his garage. When MrWE2 got there...he was presented with a brand new Troy Bilt, self-propelled mower with a bagger...FREE! The young man said he was being deployed and because we had loaned him our mower when he needed one (when he first bought his home) he wanted us to have this one he bought and only used 3 or 4 times. MrWE2 was nearly in shock! LOL We've been blessed many times simply because we believe in blessing others rather than condemning, edifying others instead of tearing them down, and building lasting relationships rather than blowing up bridges after you've travelled over them. So yes, we truly enjoy delivering flowers and seeing how they bring blessings to others :-) Happy Valentines Day Jeepers!

Happy Valentine Day to you too!

I was just thinking the other day about how the more I give the more I get back. Funny how that works. And usually unexpectedly and not at all connected to the source of giving. The years I give the most are the years I seem to be the most blessed. Quite often I don't even connect the two until I sit down and think about it. Oh well, I know I'm preaching to the choir here. Have a great day with your sweetie.

Happy Valentine's to all here. Please give a thought, hope , a vision of safe golden light from heaven or a prayer for the safety of our 300 marines in a base in Iraq ( training Iraqis) who have ISIS as the gates now.. Last night ISIS tried to harm them, it didn't work, but they are not leaving the area either. I don't know the Rules of Engagement, but recent history over there has never been good. They probably really wish they could be at home with their loved ones today of all days.

Happy Valentine's to all here. Please give a thought, hope , a vision of safe golden light from heaven or a prayer for the safety of our 300 marines in a base in Iraq ( training Iraqis) who have ISIS as the gates now.. Last night ISIS tried to harm them, it didn't work, but they are not leaving the area either. I don't know the Rules of Engagement, but recent history over there has never been good. They probably really wish they could be at home with their loved ones today of all days.

From your lips to God's ears. :pray: