MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Canadian Parliament and military are under Terrorist attacks NOW!

A terrorist ran down military personnel in Quebec last night. This morning gunmen are at out govt. building in the capital. One has been killed, and a search is on for others. My sister is in lockdown at her place of employment. She is a security guard at a military base. I ask for Prayer please for our family and our Country.

Thank you. My sister is at home now,but she has an early morning shift tomorrow. BIL says no one will go near her - THEY will be afraid!!!

It seems that the US identified the gunman and had been discussing same with our National Security prior to this incident.

We all want to know more.

If you are on FB and want to leave a kind word to the Cirillo Family Friends for the sake of Corporal Cirillo who died guarding their national monument in Ottawa , regarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, just search on FB' search line for corporal Cirrillo, it will come up. Someone created it . I left my condolences as well.

About 35 minutes ago, it went pitch black , as the power died in town. It's a tiny bit wet outside but there are no big winds and I heard nothing on the road , like an accident against a pole sort of thing.... Usually we have a minute or less and the lights come back on. They stayed off long enough for me to go get flashlight, slowly, go get candle and candle holder and clear a spot to safely have it lit if need be............. and it stays dark. Check time..... Had to locate cell phone.

Do I call the power company? I listen to a more complete silence, and I realize I am jumpy as all get out right now, since we are a typical gas spot on the highway from Montreal to NYC or Albany , also major targets... geez......... I was so glad after the lights came back on and internet could resume. It took about fifteen minutes. I have no explanation why the power went out like that either. It was out all over as I checked the window once. Pitch black and no starlight due to the storm. I got my emergency crank radio right here now. I would crank it up if it happens again and stays off. Almost called my son, lol, wanted to quaver in his ear , or something. Now if the cell towers were down and they run on kerosene around here, I really would worry.

yep, me and my imagination.

Can we write that off as "It's almost Halloween."?

I just cooked up a pork loin and some wild rice , because I really did forget to eat dinner and I will be up a while now, made some tea. Comforting. Filled some water bottles.....because the creepy feeling of maybe someone is poisoning town water supply scared me too.

yep. that's exactly what I thought.

Sure hope all is ok. Out there.....

And many many Canadians are feeling just as Americans did, about today, as we do and did about 911.

Edited by sassenach

I think it will take some time to diagram all the actual movements that went on. The reports were piecemealed on the news, 911 calls or whatever the number is the Canadians have to call compared to what we call, asking for emergency response, there was at least one reporter with cameraman who was in the Parliament building and you see the chaos and hear the gunshots. Reporter is on phone with Emergency number dispatcher, he is calling it a shot gun....... you can see muzzle flash as the attacker is running down the big marble lined hall ways.. I thought it was a rifle being fired....... way too much to sort out just yet, Mt. Rider. I know our own fed agencies and yes , the Admin was on top of it and is taking it seriously ( yes, really.) So a lot of coordinated efforts are going on .

Whitehouse fencejumper again, sometime just after dark, and K9 unit reacting to intruder was attacked by intruder who kicked him, but they were able to arrest him and he was being evaluated at hospital , probably an mh case that did not have a clue as to the news of the day. ( Really bad move by the fellow.) Assessed quickly not a terrorist , just desperate foolish and probably very ill with mh disorders really messing him up. He is fortunate they did not shoot him.

WH is on lockdown as are our embassy and Canada's embassy in DC are , extra guards with our Soldiers who stand guard at our monuments too, now. Military is all on alert and I am sure all Intell is going into hyper mode. There has been 'chatter' for several days prior already. So they have a lot to decipher.

So, this sort of sorting will take some time.

One additional note. Fellow that is fence jumper tonight, I watched the video . Yes, he fought the dog, like it was a game :scratchhead: His movements seemed like classic professional or at least well trained collegiate level soccer skills. He may have been dark complected. ( It was dark. give me a break here, just spot lighting was available.)

There fore, I think it was a dare, perhaps a personal conjuring up, and very foolish...... especially on such a day as the day has been. So if the mh holds, it will be a long list rather than oh he was in a pschizoid state, etc.

But more like a simple stunt. He looked to be a young adult in age and was very agile. He made absolutely no obvious threatening moves toward the SS , guards. He has probably been playing soccer since he was first walking, which is common in many countries other than the US.

Very weird, or just completely foolish. A lark? A bet going? He is very lucky he was not just shot and killed. They would have been within parameters because of the alert status, instead they were very patient. It can be seen on foxnews.com.

:shakinghead::blink::huh::tapfoot: I sure hope there are not any more copycats on this issue. Had I pulled such a stunt, even over 18, say in college on Dad''s Dime..........my father would come get me, haul me out back of the woodshed and beat me up to get the point across. Period. ( He only spanked me when I was a child, and only once was it actually wrong on his part. But this.... oh, every fury in him would come out. ) Because obviously I never got the point before , had I done something like this. In reality , they gave me 20 bucks and a ride to the hotel designated to where we all were supposed to report for travel to FL for boot camp.

So, if it was a lark, I want him back on the WH front porch, be issued a toothbrush, a bucket, access to hot water and cleaning solution and he must scrub the steps and porch completely. Because he needs to think about what he did. And required to pay for the vet bills for injuring the dog who was only do as he was trained. SS needs to use rottweilers I think, not too small a dog that cannot avoid a silly youth. That poor dog needs a good gentle homelife. He just is not cut out for that kind of life. Appropriate fines and probation for five years. Counseling every week, a job. Required to stay debt free as well.

I have been rather horrified by these unauthorized incursions to our WH lawn. But the one last night? :blink: SERIOUSLY! HOW DARE THE SECURITY FOLKS LET ANYTHING get inside that perimeter on a high alert day?

I just do NOT understand that. This is the prez of the USA, for petes sake.....not some rock star! That office needs SUPERIOR AND ABSOLUTE PROTECTION! Ringing the doorbell IS NOT AN OPTION! Playing tag with the security guard dog IS NOT AN OPTION!

:baseballbat::banghead::motz_6: :frying pan:

MtRider :gaah: