MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Need Info on Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide

I was watching a vid on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S4JMcb6-n8) where the host was talking about making food grade hydrogen peroxide from the OTC bottles that you find in most stores.

Basically, he said that if you freeze the OTC bottles of H2O2 the water in the bottles will freeze but NOT the peroxide. You then upend the bottle over a glass container and what drips out is 35% H2O2 which you can then use (diluted) for internal oxygen therapy, etc.

He also said to make sure that the bottle of HP that you are "distilling" doesn't have any fillers or stabilizers in it if you are going to be making this for consumption.

The $64K question is..................................is this guy kooky or correct???

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Do your research. Mine has shown that taking hydrogen peroxide internally is dangerous, sometimes even fatal. I would also question the need for making the over the counter hydrogen peroxide even stronger. I will often dilute the 3% because it is too strong for some uses, like using as a mouthwash.

Are you talking about something different than the stuff in the brown bottle?

The 3% over the counter stuff in the brown bottle is what he was talking about. If you freeze the bottle, the water freezes but the H2O2 doesn't. You then upend the bottle into a container and allow the H.P. to drip out of the bottle.

THEN, you use it/dilute it according to the instructions for oxygen therapy--which you will have to find somewhere. I went to my local health food store and got a copy of the instructions they hand out with the purchase of their food grade H2O2.

They sold the food grade stuff for $25/qt.....................way more than I want to spend cause I'm not sure if it is something I really want to do, etc. "Distilling" your own from the smaller bottles may not make ultimate sense cost wise, but I only want a little bit...............for now. It is also an emergency way to make some if you need it NOW and your supply is depleted.

He also pointed out that if you are going to use it internally, to MAKE SURE the bottle you're distilling it from does NOT CONTAIN any fillers, additives, or stabilizers.

OTOH, if you're not sure you want to ingest it from this method, you can still "make" the stronger solution for use as an external medicinal application. A good friend of mine told me that he applied the 35% solution to a wart and it just "melted" away (like the wicked witch). Who know, maybe it will even get rid of those ugly skin tags!!! :happy0203:

Edited by Midnightmom