MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Miles for November 23 - 29, 2014

Snowmom

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

Here are some things that count for miles.
These are as you can count them, 1 mile will = one mile.
Biking, swimming, walking, and such.
These will be counted as 1 hour = one mile
SHOPPINGCARTLITTLE.gifDANCING8.gif

:STAIRS: will be down and up 10 times = one mile
These will be counted as 30 minutes = one mile

:lois: weights, jumping rope. :clothesline:

You will have to be the judge of these. We have been counting 1 hour as a mile, but, sometimes it isn't so. Therefore, I'm letting you be the judge of these. :)

:dusting:dishes.gif

For the week of November 23 - 29th, I am saying, 38 ¼ mile on the bike and nothing on the treadmill. I will add 1 miles for stairs and probably 8 more miles for :dusting: and other cleaning, just walking and shopping. Making a total of 47 ¼ miles last week. :) I had to work hard on the bike a couple days to make up for a couple I knew I wouldn't be doing it. :

Ok, who will be NEXT2.gif ???

CHRISTMASLITTLEGIRLANDTREEHUGS.jpg enjoyyourdaysnowman.gif

I shopped, I danced, I've climbed steps (at Cabelas and Bass Pro), I've vacuumed here and at mother's, I've done laundry here and at mother's, I've done Zumba and I'm now walking the treadmill...guess I need to keep closer track so I've printed this out? LOL

Good job!

Last week, extra laundry for packing suitcases, drove to TX. Watched MIL's maids do all the cleaning. :happy0203: Went to the store with MIL and picked up the prepared dinner, warmed it up and served it and BBQ'ed Saturday.

MIL had a stack of 'wish books' catalogues, 6" tall, that took me 3 days to look through. She saves them for me and we throw them away when I finish browsing them. Not including the 3" stack of black Friday sale brochures in the news paper, which took me all day to go through. She says it is the only way she can keep me sitting down. LOL

The rest of the time, I spent hand sewing more blocks for a quilt.

Then, of course, the drive home. I had an adrenaline rush that lasted a couple of miles when an eighteen wheeler wondered into our lane almost running us off the road. My heart was beating fast for quite a while. :wacko:

My miles for the week, maybe 3.

It is a bit nippy, as it was 8F this morning and windchill was 1F , but it warmed up to about 26F , so I verified things with my new account at the CU here in town. They are so nice there. Big key pad and easy to read print on the ATM. I must be getting old, but it made it quick. I walked and it is on the other side of town and actually is a walk route that can be repeated in almost any kind of weather if you can keep warm enough.

So I stretched my legs. It felt good, weighing less really is helping and I feel like I can start working on longer walks and get caught up on basic stamina and movement capabilities again . I am working on learning to knit my socks so they are truly comfortable and that is important since it evidently some rotten level of neuropathy that was causing so much pain in my soles and muscles of my feet when walking mileage before in the last few years. Which would incapacitate me long before I got home on an eight miler. I am learning a bit more about yarn as I use different kinds and I will find a comfy situation to make some good basic socks with for times when I want to or need to walk. The cushy or softer the better. This is an adjustment to just pulling on store boughts , and it is very important because if you do need to walk any distance, your feet need to be comfortable as much as possibly and double so when it has issues like I do with mine, evidently. ( Thanks to an FB diabetic group< I finally figured it out. ) My own doctors should have long sent me to an endocrinologist and had tests set up for the neuropathy and blood tests for certain indicators. ) But I won't see that happen unless it gets to a horrendous rate. They can actually predict how much it can affect you , partly from that. Yes, it makes me angry how careless the VA is, and I see that regionally with civilian care too. And no, neurontin doesnt do a thing for me.

So, resolving this stuff is making things less stressful for me and less fearful, because it's been a long recovery physically and I am just getting started if my feet will just let me. I will continue to cruise around the town for my walks as winter comes on ..

oh and found out they have a new test route for the rural bus, which goes south of town and goes right by an area of the State Park I would love to hike in to for a couple days at a time next summer. I hope the route for the bus keeps on, it would be so much easier that way to take it down and back, shorten time getting there . I will hope for that. I may just go take a ride next week if the weather stays clear, and come back in the evening. It goes all the way to a neat little town on a Lake, that has good eateries and cool dry goods stores and stuff.

I love Annarchy's report! lol

Sassenach I have neuropathy too but it is much worse in my hands than in my feet. A friend of mine had no luck with Neurontin either. He has tried about 4 different drugs but nothing is helping him besides strong painkillers.