MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thursday and a 2 Year Old

Dee

Morning everyone :wave:

Dreary today and cold, 3 degrees as I write. DDIL took DGS to Des Moines to a special childs dentist because he has 4 cavaities and they can fix them quicker and easier than just a regular dentist.

So, we have 2 year old DGD for the day and she and I are having a great time. I will admit it'll be nice to put her down for a nap afterwhile so I can catch my 2nd wind. :eclipsee_Victoria:

I was planning on canning chicken soup today but that's not going to happen with this little girl visiting. Maybe tomorrow but the chickens in the freezer so no real rush.

Anyone doing anything exciting today? How's your weather?

See you tomorrow! :grouphug:

3?!!! Did you miss a number? Brrrr! It's cold here today but not that cold! I'm at home with the two little ones. Have to wash clothes today and have some cooking planned. I'm going to clean out the fridge today and make some chicken salad for dh's lunches, have to cook dinner too, and do something with the chicken I have in the fridge. I just hope my kids are here today and not the monkeys they sent in their places yesterday!

Good luck Dee I know how active those 2 year old's are lol.

Our daughter had to park 3 miles away in our tiny town at the country road shop, others do to at this time of year. No way she would have gotten home last night with a blizzard still going on. Dh took the 4 wheel drive truck down to pick her up and I had to take her down there at 7:3 this morning. Dh called about 6:30 and said he went out behind the snow plow at 5:30.

But 2 hours later there was only one side of the road left because of the drifts and I had to plow through a foot of snow on the other side. I broke the way for the jeep behind me who was also going to the country road shop parking lot to drop off his wife so she could get to town.

Daughters car was covered with lots of ice as only 3 miles from out place where it was snowing to beat the band it was sleeting. I brought a shovel along and good thing I did. Had to shovel snow away from her tires. He and baby got going to day care and work then. The State roads had been plowed thank goodness.

I got home and did my chores of feeding and watering the chickens, cow and cat. I was sure glad to get back in the house.

The picture is the snow in front of the dog house.

post-2146-048622000 1294940557_thumb.jpg

We don't have as much snow as normal sarawolf, Northern Iowa, but the parts of the country that shouldn't have any are having lots. Isn't this the craziest year! I hope you can stay inside the rest of the day and night. I'm so glad to be the one doing the cooking and cleaning this time of year so I have a GREAT excuse to stay inside. With DH retired he now does the outside chores by himself most of the time. He's out right now filling the buckets with corn for the cornstove. Little DGD is down for a nap and I'm sitting here in my recliner enjoying the peace and quiet for the next hour or so!:happy0203:

Here's some pictures of where we live. galen44.tripod.com

Michelle, it sounds like we both have some chicken that needs something done with it.

Good afternoon~

Sara~ The poor dog! I can't believe you have those kinds of drifts. We did about a month ago but everything melted on New Year's Eve (and flooded) and not we have more snow. A few flurries today but not what they were calling for.

It's 25 (but feels like 14) here and it's gray. They are saying more snow tonight and tomorrow morning so we'll see.

Dee~ Glad to hear you have DGD for the day!

The kids and I had to run to Aldi and Walmart this morning so we could picked up a few things. We'll go to Costco and Sams tomorrow morning for the bulk of the groceries. I need to go to a few other store because of sales but it will wait until the kids go to sleep for the night. DS is napping on the couch and there wasn't much of a fight, today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

You are right about the weather being reversed this year, Dee. I'm 9,000' in the Rockies and we've had or driveway plowed once...in Dec. We have about an inch of snow on the ground now. It's been DUST most of the fall/winter. Nice SUNNY day - no wind. In the sun the thermometer reads SIXTY degrees. Not that it can't drop below zero at night but it's not going far down like it did last week.

Well, off to the PO to mail back the Verizon device to my neice. {awww...she wants it back... :) } But I'll be getting my own soon.

Y'all with that tremendous snow and unusual cold, be careful!

MtRider

I am snuggly and warm inside - snuggly under a blanket and warm because I have a fever - blech - the flu. We've had snow here since the beginning of December - only two days since then with the grass showing. We live 20 minutes from the town where we used to live and the weather is so different here. It's really cold -15 this morning plus the windchill but thats in Canadian :) (according to Google that's 5 degrees F)

I have done very little today - I managed to get the dishes done and did some work for DH that had to be done on the computer - I told him to check everything I typed for accuracy - I am not responsible for myself when I sick. :whistling:

Stay warm everyone!

It was a little warmer here today--43 degrees. It has been a while since I had to help potty train little ones. DGS is nearly 3. After sitting on the potty chair and not accomplishing his mission, he stood up looked down and said, "It won't worked Grandma." Then he proceeds to walk out the bathroom door, grabs himself and says, "Uck oh!" Right on. He needed clean clothes. Then later after playing with Grandpa in the floor, he poops in his pants. I ask him who poopied in his pants. He looks at me, smiles, and said that Grandpa did. Kinda hard not to laugh. I told him that since Gpa made a mess in his pants, he could clean him up. He went over and hugged his Gpa and said, "I sorry Gpa.":cheeky-smiley-067:

Oh the joys of being a grandma. I love it.:laughkick:

Archived