MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Kicking Butt And Naming Names

Jeepers

It must be that time of the month for scammers to climb out from under their rock. I have a fraudulent charge on my credit card I just noticed it on my statement Monday. I saw $110.50 I didn't recognize. The name 'Golden Touch' didn't look familiar and I looked it up on line and it's a Massage Therapy place. Sheeesh. Of all things I could use and not afford. I feel like someone stole my massage. Unless...it's a 'Massage Parlor'. In that case EWWWWW. It's being disputed. At least the card company is good about removing the charges and checking into these things. Now I have to wait for a new card. I don't mind that though. I sort of like getting a new card number from time to time. Keep the #$%^* 's on their toes.

Then I got a bill today for a lawn treatment I didn't authorize. That one really burns me up. At the end of every year 'True Green Chem Lawn' sends me a request to prepay for the next seasons lawn care. I get a few dollars off so I always do it. Last year I also got an aeration done along with my 4 treatments. When I got the prepay notice at the end of last year, the aeration to be done this year was on there. I called them and TOLD them I'd prepay for the 4 treatments but I DO NOT want the aeration again. Bill was adjusted and I paid for the 4 treatments to be done this year. Sooo, last week while I was gone, they came and aerated. Then today I got a bill for $182.00 for aeration. I TOLD them last year I didn't want it done and I didn't pay for it to be done. I have to make the call to them tomorrow. Wish me luck! I don't like that company and there are others in my area but this company is the only one who can control the lemon balm that pops up all over the property that someone planted here before I moved in. So I'm kinda stuck with them. I've tried other companies. No good. Sigh. Just as a heads up...if you are ever thinking about planting lemon balm make sure it is in a contained pot or, after a few years, you and your neighbors will be sorry! It sends up underground shoots and is nearly impossible to get rid of and it never really dies. It's THE zombie plant from He//. Trust me on this one.

Oh, and then I got another raise in my health insurance. Well, actually 'ANTHEM BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD' is getting the raise. I will now be paying $1,434.79 a month for basically nothing. I really don't want to get started on that subject again. I'm already on blood pressure meds. Serve them right if I have a stroke! And live.

I got a $#^& paper cut on the end of my finger today that hurts like crazy. It is one of those deep ones (I think to the bone) with a little flap of skin that kept getting caught on everything. 'Band-Aid' helps with that once you get the little things out of their paper armor shield and separated plastic armor shield while trying not to get blood all over everything only to find a little red thread tucked safely inside. Like a little piece of thread is gonna open those bad boys anyway. It bled like a stuck hog and throbbed with every beat of my achy breaky heart. I still can't get the 'Bactine' sprayer to open up.

Now that I have Internet again I wanted to download some new books and delete some old ones from the 'Amazon Kindle'. I tried and tried with no luck. After searching on line for what the problem could be I found out I have to reset the Kindle to sync with my internet. But 'ATT' changed all of the codes when they installed all new stuff. So now I need a new network name and a new network password to get the Kindle to work. I don't have a new name or a new password. Old one doesn't work. So it's off to ATT tomorrow to get a name and password.

I was at 'Wal-Mart' this week-end and was getting ready to get in line. You know how you sort of hover between two lanes to see which one is going fastest before you commit to a lifetime of waiting next to someone with enough body odor to raise the dead? And is chatty. As I was scoping out my territory I looked over and this poor dear old man was standing with his hands on his cart. He looked to be about 90 years old. Upper 80's at least. And all of the sudden his pants fell down around his ankles. OMG. He was wearing a blue adult diaper. I felt so bad I wanted to cry. Luckily, what was probably his daughter judging buy their ages, quickly grabbed them up. He had on khaki's with a belt. Why they fell is anybody's guess. Probably because I was standing there. I didn't let on. Ya know, it's kinda funny when you see it on TV or it happens to a younger person but there was nothing funny about this one. I really wanted to cry for him and now I have that image in my mind what won't go away. And I wonder how soon that will be me....

Poor baby's having a tough week. Glad it's hump day.

Hee-Hee. I got my do over too. Funny what a difference a day can make.

I misspoke up above when I said TRU GREEN CHEM LAWN charged me $180.50 . When I got the bill out and took a second look they charged me $280.50. Well, I called them and they weren't happy and wanted to argue but I wasn't happy either and I had all day to talk so the bill finally got cancelled. It remains to be seen if they still want me as a customer next year. I've been with them for over 15 years so it will be their loss. They are good but not the only game in town.

Finger is all healed and no longer throbbing.

Got my new charge card in the mail today.

The image of the sweet little man in Wal-Mart is fading.

I am thrilled I have cable, phone and TV back. Didn't really miss it while I didn't have it but now that it's back I see I did miss it more than I thought. It's nice to see Shep Smith again. Actually, it's his voice I missed. :wub:

My insurance company can go.......pound salt. I'm picking my battles and that just isn't one of them. I won't win that one. Sigh

One of my cards has been used fraudulently 3 times in the past 2 years, The company caught it right away. Apparently they know I am poor and cheap and know right away that it wouldn't be me buying $300 jeans from Austrailia or shopping in NYC.