MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Miles for February 9 - 15, 2014

Snowmom

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

Ann, you don't give yourself enough miles. You should have at least 6 mile for your gardening, and if you were there doing it for 4 hours, you can have at least 6 miles for it. After all, you were walking some and you were getting other exercise. :):) Scooting is hard to do too. :):bighug2:

Here are some things that count for miles.

These are as you can count them, 1 mile will = one mile.

Biking, swiming, walking, and such.

These will be counted as 1 hour = one mile

SHOPPINGCARTLITTLE.gifDANCING8.gif

:STAIRS: will be down and up 10 times = one mile

These two willl be 30 minutes = one mile

:lois: any kind of gardening, weights, jumping rope. :clothesline:t118033.gif

You will have to be the judge of these. We have been counting 1 hour as a mile, but, sometimes it isn't so. Therefore, I'm letting you be the judge of these. :)

:dusting:dishes.gif

Last week, February 9-15 I am going to say with laundry, stairs, shopping, housework, dishes, walking on the treadmill and riding the bike, I got in about 33 miles.

Ok, who will be NEXT2.gif ???

Who is going to join us? :) Anyone who wants to start exercising or walking or whatever, count your miles and add them up this week and post them next week when either Momo or I make the walking post. :)

enjoyyourdaysnowman.gifHUGS37.gif

Edited by Snowmom

I know, Momo. She is doing so well! Very impressive.

Ok, last week; Monday through Thursday, worked 3 hours on the yard each morning. Took a break on Friday because I was sore from sawing, cutting and stacking branches. However, later in the day I mowed the front yard, which only took 5 minutes... it's sorta small. Saturday was house cleaning day, 2 miles.

3 hours at 1 mile per 30 minutes, times 4 days, plus 2 miles cleaning, should be around 26 miles? No way, it does not feel like that much. I would be inclined to say around 7 miles of actual walking and even that is a high number.

But, my yard is looking better. I needed to thin out the juniper trees next to the house that provide shade because you could not see if someone was hiding behind them. We had another prison break and have had some unwanted people in our neighborhood lately.