MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tuesday's Trails

Morning has broken... birds are singing, light is beginning to chase away the darkness.

Yuck, darkness = stumbling/falling today. Got up early, flashlight in hand, shuffled through the living room, didn't see the dog, clicked off my light and fell over the dog in the middle of the kitchen floor. Banged my head, twisted my back and made him yelp. Heard, "... did you step on the dog again!?" :groooansmileyf: Grrr got up and went into the back room grumbling. I sat there aching, turned my flashlight back on, pulled the kitchen chair closer to me and got up.... :imoksmiley: ... maybe? Turned the light on, sat down on the chair and waited a few, touched my face and saw blood. Geez! Really! I have no clue what I hit, maybe the frig, IDK.

I have my 6 1/2 hour trip to TX today and now I look like someone smacked me and I ache. :shakinghead:

Sometimes my days just start like this. :gaah:

How is your day going?

Sure hope it is better than mine started. :0327:

Oh, this past weekend, we went to a double birthday party out in the desert. A lot of people, ATV's, tents, motor homes and shooting.

Here's one of the pictures I took... the hawks were an added bonus. :)

Desert1.png

What a great way to start the day Annarchy! Hope it gets better for you!

I hope to relax today. Yesterday we went to the big city for DH's Dr. visit. It is so tiring for us nowadays to make the trip and do all the Dr. routine. At least his blood results were improved!

Ouch! Hope you don't end up hurting too bad. My mom did that the night before last. Got up to go to the bathroom and on the way out reached for her walker and missed it. Ended up face down on the floor. Thankfully one of the caregivers at the place she is at came in to check on her a couple of minutes after and helped her get up.

My day? I just handed my chickens over to a nice lady who will give them a good home....feeling sad. :blush:

Got the laundry and housework done yesterday and today just pittled around. Got the back breezeway vacuumed though :-) Laundered some of the summer shirts I inherited from my mother. They'll be good for working inside or out. Tomorrow will probably be a "scrub the tub & shower" day :-( Washed and re-seasoned my cast iron "bean pot" (that's what I call it anyway) and it's lid. It's back in the oven safe and sound :-) Haven't used it for some time and I prefer to have a clean start should I want to use it. I'd love to make a loaf of bread in it but I'd have to make a huge loaf (or maybe 3?) to really make it worth the time and effort. I normally use my small cast iron skillet to make my round loaves and my glass loaf pan for regular loaf sized bread. Tomorrow will be another bread baking and dessert making day. Took Abby-girl to the dog park again today. Nobody there (we were late) so she worked herself to a frazzle retrieving her frisbee :-)

Started rearranging bedroom furniture and clothing keepers..... it's lookin' better.

Hmm yep, Annarchy, I simply turn on lights as I go now. It is just too easy to trip over something, and with me a 20 lb cat lolled out on the living room area rug in the pathway area by the loveseat is going to make me fall. And it is about what I bump into on the way down that can lead to serious injury.

I did just get a crank flashlight, but usually with as dark as my living room gets once darkness starts to fall with how bad my eyes can get for whatever reason they are acting up, I turn the lamps on as I go now.

I also use nightlights in the kitchen because its like a dark hole with no windows and at the far and inner most part of my apartment. It also shines enough into bathroom doorway that I can see to go to bathroom.

I realize you probably use the flashlight so you wont wake up DH but maybe some night lights in a couple outlets might help too. My mind isn't always going to register what I just saw upon getting up and using a flash light that actually does a trick on the brain at first anyway, and changes the dimensions we see, compared to day light light factors. The night light affect helps counter that. It is worth the extra five buck a month to prevent visits to ER at 3am or even 8 pm.

I hope your head is ok and you were safe driving. :wave:

I H8te continuous pain!

Ick! Yuck! And not fun, period.

My whole cheek bone to my ear is untouchable, my neck yelled at me every time I looked to see if I was clear all traffic to change lanes, my mid back h8tes my bra, my hip is screaming at me and my feet were cramping. Yeah, I know, “Quit whining!”

Thank God, I am safe and sound, despite the strong winds and blowing dust. The whole state of NM looked brown from the dust in the air. Vehicles were swerving all over from the gusts and dealing with tumbleweeds rushing across the road. At one time, I saw a major dust storm that was so intense as it sucked up dust into it’s core it looked like a giant tornado miles long and wide headed towards I-10.

What an adventure!

:hi:

Dr. visits are a stressful days for me too, Momo. :sigh: Hope it gets better. Were you able to relax today?

:yar: Dogmom. I moved the extra nesting box in the hen pen closer to the food and water for the new chicks, because my older three hens are still not accustomed to the newbies and they needed their 'safety zone' closer to the food, and noticed Zippy the rat by the hay bin. Arg.... so, I coaxed it away, back to the area it used to be in and threw down the bird seed. Refilled the hens food and water, and re-set my trap by the mulch bin.

DH got up and we took our coffee out and sat down on the swing. I checked the trap and sure enough, she'd taken the bait. After careful inspection, she did not appear as though she had had any babies. Thank God!

Zippy.png

I took her out and released her where I had released her parents and siblings. As I was driving away, I saw another one running from one bush to another. She should be OK.

Then, finished packing my luggage. DH and I finished our coffee, I hugged him and the dog and headed down the road.

Oh, The WE2's, I took DH out on a date last night! Took him to Bookmans then to dinner. While he was collecting a basket full of books, I found a book on making all different kinds of pasta from scratch, including detailed info on the different flours. Unfortunately, I won't be able to read it until I get back home on Saturday.

Yeah, sassenach, I use the flashlight until I get into the kitchen and turn on the light over the stove. He's used to that one and it gives enough light so I can navigate through our little house. I am not used to the dog being sprawled out in the middle of the kitchen. He's usually on his bed or on the carpet in the middle of the living room. Night lights annoy DH.

Oh, and Jeepers, I think you were right. I was able to read your comment before I turned off my computer and wondered about whether or not I got a concussion. I lost an hour this morning after I fell. After pulling myself up on to the kitchen chair, I sat there and did nothing, wondering if I had hurt myself enough to require medical assistance. Then, when I looked at the clock, I noticed a whole hour had passed. Wow! The first part of my trip includes a lot of back roads and I caught myself loosing track of where I was and what I had seen. Thankfully, by the time I passed Tucson the vertigo seemed to be wearing off. Thank you for your concern, it actually made me acutely aware of my surroundings, even tho there seemed to be moments I can not recall.

Sheeeesh, Annarchy!!! Should you have been on that long drive? Well, you're there and safe. Hopefully you'll be feeling all connected again before it's time to go home. So sorry you got such a bad whack! :(

MtRider ....caught Zippy and sent him/her on it's way!! Congrats on that!! Your poultry will be happier too. :thumbs:

Edited by Mt_Rider

Have to admit that Annarchy's rat is WAAAAY BETTER LOOKING than RATFINK! That was one very ugly rat! Even the pack rats are better looking...

MtRider :grinning-smiley-044: Same damage no matter a "pretty face". :laughkick:

Edited by Mt_Rider

I actually put my feet up for a bit today. I really should do that everyday!

My border collie has become a rat killer. 2 rats in 2 days. I am so proud of her. I don't want any rats around, even if they are outside.

Sorry that this is all one paragraph. I have no control over indentation anymore.

Edited by Momo