MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Bargain-o-holic! ADMIT YOUR ADDICTION!

cookiejar

BARGAIN INTERVENTION:

If you know where every dollarstore or charity/thrift store is in a 10 mile radius.

If you can either qoute their hours or the day their likely to have *new goodies*.

If you are on a first name basis with the store help and they set aside *good picks* for you.

If you can tell someone where they can find an item in the store and your not in the store at the time! "Tooth paste is usually on the third aisle!"

If you *hide* your bargain purchases from your loved ones because they *wouldn't understand/might get upset

If anyone behind a counter dreads your bargaining skills

If passing a yard sale makes you quiver

If you've ever had a yard sale and it included things you've bought at a yard sale (But just didn't work out)

If you've ever been on the way to an important assignment *but just had to stop and look*

If you've ever shopped for bargains to feed your other addictions such as cann-a-holic or fabric-holic.

You go ballistic if someone throws away the section of the paper with yardsale listings

Originally Posted By: Pigzzilla
Whats really bad...you buy something at a yard sale only to realize after you get it home, you SOLD it at your last yard sale!!

LOL....I haven't done that. Only because I don't have room to have a yard sale. I send it to Goodwill and have found myself looking at it again there.
Originally Posted By: cookiejar
BARGAIN INTERVENTION:

If you know where every dollarstore or charity/thrift store is in a 10 mile radius.

Only 10 miles away...try 30 and I know which one has the best stuff for kids, household stuff, furniture...etc.

I also do tend to try to hide my purchaces. Why just the other day, I bought some books that I waited until I came home from work to sneak in with my work stuff. I couldn't let them see I bought more stuff, even if it was a good bargain. If it is found around the house it just blends in.

Oh...I was transporting my daughter and all six kids in a six seater car. We were doubled up, there was no extra space. We spotted a yard sale with baby stuff at it and stopped on the way home. This is after spending an hour each way on a bus and all day walking around the zoo with all of those kids. We bought a double stroller and a few other items and found a place to fit them in the trunk that was already full of chairs and coolers.

Just couldn't pass up the bargain even though the kids were whinning to get home.

• 1 year later...

There is another. We have huge metal skips that lorries bring and are huge. People chuck anything they don't want in the from furniture to builders rubble. I just can't past one without going up ended to have a look through. I'v got china cups,plates etc, packs of unused printers paper (it was pink just for me), stationery, chairs etc. Im an upender- holic.

I even went to a recycling center and looked in their paper skip to see someone had chucked in their entire library of romance books. Im a total and utter bookaholic, it broke my heart I couldn't climb inside and rescue them from certain death. :mellow: (NB these skips are as big as a caravan and very unstable on the inside.)

• 11 months later...
where did the Shawn we know and love go??

I guess my best advice would be to listen to your first instinct, 9 times out of 10 it is usually right

Huh?

Who's "Shawn"...and what instinct are you referring to?

where did the Shawn we know and love go??

I guess my best advice would be to listen to your first instinct, 9 times out of 10 it is usually right

Huh?

Who's "Shawn"...and what instinct are you referring to?

LOL better you asked that than I did...thought I was loosing it for a minute there hehehe...

Q

Perhaps s/he is on the wrong site or thread? That was his/her first post.

Dumpster diving, "big trash day"rounds, guilty as charged.

Trying, with the emphasis on try, to control sales and the likes cos my tightfisted regime would not allow. I can physically hurt when I need to spend money on something I don't really need. It is otoh very easy to convince myself that I do need that particular item.

So dumpster diving it is.

You are all nuts. I would never do this.

Just ask Lori the Manager at goodwill .I am never there.

You mean Lori who knows your birthday and has items in your favourite colour set aside for you? That Lori? :P

The Lori that said when I made a comment about how busy the store was today that Monday and Tuesday it was slow in there.

Oh by the way she did get her car fixed and no has not quit smoking yet.

:laughkick:

My latest Bargain Frenzy is over our local Bent and Dent...it is owned by a sweet Mennonite family. BF and I consider it a personal challenge to get in there and find all the Organic Foods, spices, marinades, etc almost weekly!!!

The thing is, we are both Foodies...and in our small town it is a challenge to get any specialty food items, especially of the Organic variety. We have a better selection @ the Bent and Dent than we do at our Family owned Supermarket!

However, we do swing by our local Edward's Market on the way home too...since they raise their own Grass Fed cattle and butcher their own cattle, then sell it to us! ;) I just love knowing where my food comes from...

:feedme: :frying pan:

Archived