MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Foot Soak

I need a good recipe for a foot soak. Our son just got back from his last 2 week vacation thanks to Uncle Sam and our DIL called needed advice and yucky feet. He has a fungal infection in his toenails and athlete foot. So anyone have any suggestions. Right now they are just using tea tree oil in regular water.

Search results:

Melaleuca (Tee Tree Oil)

9. Athlete’s foot: Melaleuca works wonders! Apply neat (meaning undiluted) to affected areas twice a day.

10. Toe fungus: Melaleuca to the rescue again. Dab the affected toenail with a saturated q-tip morning and night.

Lavender oil: An analgesic (pain reliever), antiseptic, and immune stimulant. It is thought to be good for skin care and to promote healing, especially in burns, bruises, scrapes, acne, rashes, and bug bites. Lavender has a calming effect, and is used for insomnia, stress, and depression. It has been reported effective as a decongestant through steam inhalation. Lavender oil may have use as an antifungal agent, and may be used for Athlete's foot or other related conditions.

Thanks I didn't even think about the lavender. I suggested they put the tree oil on the areas. I hope he listened. He forgot his soap and had to use what he could get in the field and it didn't wash out of his clothes very good and the fact that it was hot where he was his poor feet and under his arms took the abuse. He was so glad to get home. Thank goodness this was his last one. Now he is on the 2 year recall list. This momma is keeping the hotline to heaven burning up. He is the last one I have in the military, his oldest brother is already out.

• 2 weeks later...

Pau d'arco tea as a wash used to be very popular for toenail fungus. Diluted fresh urine as a wash is effective in some cases. Or crush a few bulbs of garlic in a quart or so of water, let it sit overnight or all day, and wash with that.