MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Old Man Winter Cometh

Yikes, I forgot to put out those reflector sticks along my driveway. I need to do that tomorrow before the ground freezes. If I don't, the snow plow guy will turf my lawn again. I learned that lesson the hard way two years ago. Glad I thought of that.

Good Grief! A skiff of snow during the night but the driveway is still clear.........BECAUSE of Mach 5 WINDS again. All kinds of NOISE woke me this morning. :sigh: I HATE WIND.

DH caught the thermometer as it began to fly...and brought it inside. Again. Sure wish B&J would have been able to caulk all the chinking in this place. Quite drafty thru even tiny cracks in this wind/cold.

Look out, y'all. Strong front coming thru!

MtRider :frozen::imoksmiley:

Edited by Mt_Rider

Windy, cold and raining. Snowing in the mountains and northern part of AZ.

DH mentioned we were getting ready to get hit, but I didn't think anything of it. It's been lightly overcast today, nothing thick enough for precipitation. Yup, he was right.

At least 10 years ago.... my Uncle mentioned he remembered when it snowed here, back in the 1950's. :)

We shined a light up and saw tiny little flakes swirling around. Of course, it only lasted a couple of minutes. It was 52* and dropping.

This morning it's 39* and crystal clear.

I got up at 7AM [ 4 hrs sleep...ack!] with a splitting headache. Probably cuz the furnace, tho turned down low, was coming on a lot.

We were at TEN BELOW ZERO....Fahrenheit! And it's not even December.

Up to TEN ABOVE at 10AM.

MtRider ...no wonder the ducks aren't laying! :frozen:

Stuck folded pizza box cardboard into the crack in the door. Keep the cold wind out. Cabin keeps shifting and very hard to get any good seal on the doors.

MtRider ...I think I'm reliving my childhood old farmhouse times... :frozen:

Is it feasible to hang rugs over the whole door? Used to do that "once upon a time".

We've had "ups and downs" temperatures. It's been upper 40's to mid 50's for daytimes but cooler nights. Tonight's supposed to get cold and they say we'll wake up to 19 give or take. Then uppppp it will go again until the weekend, then winter is said to set in. Never know any more :-(

Stuck folded pizza box cardboard into the crack in the door. Keep the cold wind out. Cabin keeps shifting and very hard to get any good seal on the doors.

MtRider ...I think I'm reliving my childhood old farmhouse times... :frozen:

Is it feasible to hang rugs over the whole door? Used to do that "once upon a time".

Have tried a sleeping bag but the door is too tall. I don't have anything that would reach the whole way down from the top of the door. It leaks around the whole thing. We've also done weather stripping [multiple times over the years] which helps a bit. But the cabin keeps shifting. Sometimes the screen door glides above the porch floor. Other times it scrapes so badly we have to hoist it up to get it open/closed. I prop it open for the winter, when it's scraping the most and is of no use. Not a storm and screen door. Only screen. One of the 'improvements' after the previous battered storm/screen door got ripped up in all the Mach 5 winds here. This cheapo screen door has been repaired multiple times...it's more fragile. Baaaad winds. Should staple plastic over the screen for winter but.....it's so fragile it might put too much pressure on the silly thing! Pftttt!

MtRider :frozen:

That big blop of arctic CHILL has settled over us...sort of. Not really that cold ....relative to what we've been having. Ten below last nite. Getting upwards towards 20 degrees today. 'Course....it hasn't got much chance to warm up without sunshine cuz.........

IT'S SNOWING....

MtRider ...light, steady, Christmasy snow. :santa:

Edited by Mt_Rider

Snow, only just less than an inch, but soil wasn't frozen so as dry as its been except a recent rain storm, its absorbing some of it as it hits the ground but been a light snow all day , should end in a couple hours.

Made bread dough , set to rise for now.

It's going to smell so good!

Chilly in the mornings. (I can't say "cold" 'cause Mt_Rider's area is "cold"). It's been 30-40's overnight and 60-70 during the day. Lightly overcast off and on.

:lol: Annarchy...what you are describing is my PERFECT temperature range. If I could find a place in that range summer and winter......

:blink:

Um....well I was going to say "I'd be in Heaven" ......

But then I realized how literally TRUE that might be. :laughkick:

MtRider ....tolerating WINTER. :frozen: