MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Rushing the kids.

I need to get a few things for dinner tomorrow that I can't get at Aldi's. I will have to go to Walmart.

I'm trying to get the kids out the door before all the men wakeup and realize it's Christmas eve and they don't have gifts.

I'm going to make steamed pork buns and a stirfry tomorrow.

http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/jjinppang-mandu

Petco has a fish tank Son wants so we will stop there than home to finish cleaning.

What is your day going to be like?

Sounds like you have a plan, gofish.

Dawn has broken and I am going to do a little more digging in my new garden. Only 24 more feet of grass to remove. DH commented, "I thought you would be done by now." Really? Gee thanks.

MIL needs to go to pick up the meat she ordered for Christmas dinner and DH has a work errand to do later.

Sadly, today is going to be the day when I need to rush myself. I need to give the house a good once over and do a good bit of last minute baking. My 14yo dd will help inside and dh has to go cut a tree that fell down on dm's driveway during the night. It looks like a pretty accessible job, so hopefully he won't need our help.

I have one last thing I am waiting on to be delivered, but don't know if it will get here today or not. I had ordered some fighting gear for dd and myself from a place in the midwest that got hit by the snow storm a few days ago. Itwas supposed to by here by Christmas, but I don't know if it will make it or not. That's a little bit of a bummer, but not a crisis, since the class we need it for doesn't start until January 2. I'm still going to try to call and check, though. We have had situations in the past where UPS is cruising our area for days, unable to find us, or when they won't leave stuff on our porch. Hopefully the gear is in the vicinity, just can't quite find its way to us yet.

Then off this afternoon to the holiday celebration for another branch of the family. Last night's was the "young and hip" group. Today is the "older and more sedate" group. I'm hoping to get them to identify some genealogy photos for me during the down moments. Then home to check in on my dm for Christmas Eve, then tumble into bed to wait for Santa.

We didn't make it to Petco. I replaced all but 1 tire on my car and that one decided to go flat. Son changed his 1st flat tire and did it under 20 minutes with me telling him how to do it.

When DD2 asked me how I knew what to do I told her my Dad taught me . He believed if you couldn't change a tire you couldn't drive.

I need to go to the grocery store yet. I'm making beef and noodles for dinner tomorrow. It's my sons favorite and easy for me. Win-Win.

Then I really need to get busy and get the downstairs cleaned up. That will probably result in a quick trip to the dumpster just to get rid of the stuff.

I got a bunch of books on tape from the library yesterday and I want to try to figure out if I can get them saved on my computer for future listening so I don't have to rush around to get them returned. There may be copyright issues that won't allow it. I guess I'll find out soon enough.