MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What kind of personality/temperment do you have?

Darlene

• 6 years later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So.....I join Annarchy as a Mastermind. Moderate preference on all four factors tho. And I know that in the past 20 yrs of being homebound for medical reasons, I am becoming more and more an INTROVERT. Not all of it by choice, certainly. Those of you who have met me (even by phone) know that I can talk your ear off. :lol:

INTJ
Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(50%) Thinking(25%) Judging(33%)
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

============================================================

"..'Masterminds' are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population" -

"To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know." -- This part describes me.....and if others cannot do this, it really confuses me. :scratchhead: In my case, at least, it doesn't bother me at all NOT to know something. Doesn't affect 'self-esteem', etc. :shrug: It just is what it is....we all have strong and weak areas. X, Y, and Z are mine. :happy0203:

"Perfectionists tempered by Pragmatism" :thumbs:

"Systems Builders" :)

"(whether for the sake of ambition or the desire for privacy) many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality." ...... Yanno, most of the time, I don't even NOTICE the "inherent unconventionality" :grinning-smiley-044::shrug: And being UNCONVENTIONAL will get you all the privacy you want...cuz it tends to make others shy away.

"Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be." DEFINITELY! Now y'all can see why I specialize in doing WHAT IF scenarios..... And LISTS! :shrug: Genetically hardwired! :pc_coffee:

"Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations" -- Yes.....I hate waste. Bothers me a lot.

"they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality." - YESSSS....we savor the WHY and HOW and CAN YOU VERIFY THAT! :thumbs:

Challenges:

"To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense." Oh YEAH! I know this one! :scratchhead::happy0203:

People in this rare category:

3 famous women authors :thumbs:

CS Lewis :thumbs: :thumbs:

6 presidents :unsure:

several in the political realm that I'd NOT want to be associated with... :blink:

ditto for a few FICTIONAL characters deemed to have this category..... :ph34r:

==============================================================

So Annarchy...... :hug3: wanna rule the world together??? :happy0203::laughkick::grinning-smiley-044: :grinning-smiley-044: :grinning-smiley-044:

MtRider ... <1%

Edited by Mt_Rider

So.....I join Annarchy as a Mastermind. <snip>

==============================================================

So Annarchy...... :hug3: wanna rule the world together??? :happy0203::laughkick::grinning-smiley-044: :grinning-smiley-044: :grinning-smiley-044:

MtRider ... <1%

Ready and waiting.... :happy0203:

INFJ

Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(38%) Feeling(38%) Judging(11%)

• You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

INTJ

Introvert(56%) iNtuitive(12%) Thinking(1%) Judging(67%)

• You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
  • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
  • You have distinct preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)

Inherent unconventionality, well that fits me too and I don't know where you got all those definitions above , I just got the short answer. INFJ.

Yet if I am comfortable with certain folks I will be very outgoing. But definitely not interested in being a social butterfly and too much external activity and silliness just wears me out fast. Small amounts then back to puttering at what I do best but a quiet friend could certainly join me if they want to.

LOL...Sass. I kinda like the term "Inherently Unconventional" in a badge of honor sort of way. :whistling:

The data Annarchy posted [in this thread; down lower on page 1] came from that era of time. I didn't find that data now. She's INTJ too like me. I remember seeing more data back in '08 ...

OK....wow, I was all over several sites on this cuz I kept pushing the buttons. :scratchhead:

Further data on 16 types.... scroll down/click within the box:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/hr/you/personalitytype.aspx

At the bottom of the pages for each type, there are further buttons to press for more.... :shrug:

Seriously tho, if you didn't take the full 70+ question test....and especially if you are marginal on some things.....you will get more accuracy on the full test. http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

MtRider :pc_coffee:

Edited by Mt_Rider

If you just took the short one, it isn't valid, WE2. The long version, when answered with honest accuracy, is surprisingly good.

I hadn't realized that the short version is so......inadequate.....or I wouldn't have posted it. <_<

MtRider :(

Might do it tomorrow then, rather tired tonight..... and something that requires mental stuff will give me a second wind on my mind being busy or cause inaccuracies... probably going to snooze sooner than later tonight, as a result and start fresh tomorrow.

ISFJ
Introvert(89%) Sensing(12%) Feeling(50%) Judging(33%)
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
  • You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (12%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

Actually surprised me at how introverted it says I am due to the nature of my job. I have to be "out there" with children, parents, co-workers and others who come to our program. It takes a lot out me though. I tend to go chill in my classroom between sessions...instead of going to the breakroom where everyone sits and talks. And I find that I need more quiet time after I get off work. The description fits me.

Edited by dogmom4

I've been noticing how many of us come out as "Introverted". But......we don't seem like it on MrsS. Stephanie commented on that when she met me at Darlene's. That I was more quiet in person than here on the board. ....SOMEtimes I'm more quiet in person. In a large group :gathering: I am more quiet. Sometimes just do what I'm doing solo or sitting on the edge observing. But one-on-one or just a few folks, I'm a lot more gabby. :blah:

One thing I've always known.....while I can step up and take charge if no one else is doing so [competently!].....my real skill set and talent lies in being "Radar". The one who hands the leader then next thing s/he needs before they even ask for it.

It's important kind of knowledge about our strong points, skill sets, talents....as well as the opposite [what we don't do well or what drives us nuts]. It would be invaluable knowledge when things gets realllllly tense, dangerous, and strained. Play to your strong suit! It also has application when thinking about who is who in your survival group.....or in the bunker with few resources. :hidingsmile:

MtRider ....some types just get along better with other types :grouphug:

MtRider, that long description you posted of the INTJ is SO me! One of the things that frustrates me about DH and others it that they make a decision before they've learned all the options and possibilities. We've had more than a few arguments about that!

:lol: I know, Daylily. In the comments section of some of the articles, you can actually tell who are the INTJ's. They say things like we'd say them!

....but when we say things sometimes....we get The Look: Glazed over with boredom and confusion. :buttercup::blink::huh::shakinghead:

MtRider ....recognize those? :gaah:

Edited by Mt_Rider

introverted vs extroverted isn't so much about whether you are outgoing or not.. but about how you gain energy. Extroverts will tend to feel energized by being with and interacting with groups of people(being alone is neutral or draining). Introverts will tend to feel drained from the interaction (even if they enjoy it) and need time to recuperate afterward with some alone time.

I'm an extrovert but I've learned caution over my life so depending on the day and the test I have been know to "test" as introverted or close.. and I'm sure I'm extroverted.

I came up with ESFP.. which isn't what I always get.. the ones that are close to the break are the S and P so it really depends on the particular questions and my mood of the day how I answer.

That's a good way to explain the Extrovert and Introvert, Suncat. My mom and I were talking about this last nite. She was shocked that I'd qualify as Introvert cuz I can talk to anyone if we're out shopping, etc. Guess 'shy' is a different factor. I've gotten over most of shy but she hasn't. Yet, social interaction...as much as I enjoy it - miss it when I'm so isolated...does DRAIN me. :0327: If I went to church on a Sunday morning [small church but crowded] I'd take a 2-3 hr nap to recover and be rather 'feeble' the rest of the day. MS shows easily what drains me and what energizes me. Social interaction with less sensory stimulation [fewer people...not crowded...not noisy] has an energizing and draining affect.

MtRider :gathering:

I agree! Social occasions really drain me, DH and DD2. DH and DD1 are more extroverts. We have a church potluck once a month, a community free meal once a month in addition to the weekly worship service and weekly Bible study and that's about all I can stand. This month we've also got a church board meeting with supper and a baby shower. DH simply does not understand how visiting with and enjoying people can make me tired. And I do enjoy the visiting with them but it wears me out physically and mentally.

As mentioned in the other thread, I'm INTP (I have taken the full Meyers-Briggs before).

I am a computer nerd by trade. I spend a lot of time curled up inside my own head.

Language errors drive me NUTS (I want to smack the 'I could care less' offenders with a rolled up newspaper). I'm also very quick to make or anticipate puns, and learn other languages pretty quickly.

I often will debate a point regardless of my emotional view on it, or point out logical inconsistencies in other people's arguments on either side of the debate. No, I don't have green blood and pointy ears.

"haunting sense of impending failure"- Let's leave this one alone, shall we?

I also love complex strategy games. I run a Dungeons and Dragons campaign and I am a recovering Civilization addict. My brother and I used to play all sorts of strategy games as kids.

And I am definitely an introvert. As mentioned introvert/extravert defines where you get the energy. Large amounts of people DRAIN me. I have forced myself to be more extroverted at this job and it has paid off. However, I sometimes go hide in the server room (restricted access) to get rid of the edgy, drained feeling. :imoksmiley: Working for strongly extroverted people is just hell (not this job, but the prior one).

However, small social gatherings are a different story. Most of my social circle is comprised of engineers/computer people/scientists. Most of THEM are INTP or INTJ types. It probably explains why "game nights" are so popular among the nerd set. Those are gatherings of maybe 6-8 people. Not a big enough crowd to feel nervous or getting your nerves frayed, and even an inveterate introvert needs social interaction. It also explains a lot of Internet forums- it is interaction at a "manageable" level.

Have you guys seen the hamster ball analogy for introverts?

http://stephencollins.info/a-guide-to-understanding-introverts/

INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.

Precise about their descriptions, INTPs will often correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of meaning is a bit off. While annoying to the less concise, this fine discrimination ability gives INTPs so inclined a natural advantage as, for example, grammarians and linguists.

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to almost anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition. In this way INTPs are markedly different from INTJs, who are much more confident in their competence and willing to act on their convictions.

Mathematics is a system where many INTPs love to play, similarly languages, computer systems--potentially any complex system. INTPs thrive on systems. Understanding, exploring, mastering, and manipulating systems can overtake the INTP's conscious thought. This fascination for logical wholes and their inner workings is often expressed in a detachment from the environment, a concentration where time is forgotten and extraneous stimuli are held at bay. Accomplishing a task or goal with this knowledge is secondary.

INTPs and Logic -- One of the tipoffs that a person is an INTP is his or her obsession with logical correctness. Errors are not often due to poor logic -- apparent faux pas in reasoning are usually a result of overlooking details or of incorrect context.

Games NTs seem to especially enjoy include Risk, Bridge, Stratego, Chess, Go, and word games of all sorts. (I have an ENTP friend that loves Boggle and its variations. We've been known to sit in public places and pick a word off a menu or mayonnaise jar to see who can make the most words from its letters on a napkin in two minutes.) The INTP mailing list has enjoyed a round of Metaphore, virtual volleyball, and a few 'finish the series' brain teasers.

HazelStone said "Language errors drive me NUTS (I want to smack the 'I could care less' offenders with a rolled up newspaper). I'm also very quick to make or anticipate puns, and learn other languages pretty quickly."

Even though my personality is different (INTJ), language errors really jump out at me! Listening to a sermon, it's quite distracting to me to hear "I have wrote" or whatever. My dear, precious DH is the king of double, triple, quadruple negatives. As in "I never did not tell nobody nothing"! Reading forum posts like "for all intensive purposes" or your instead of you're or "making due" instead of "making do" make me want to correct the poster but I refrain. sometimes I make a typo and post your instead of you're but I know better. Maybe they do to! Another one that drives me crazy is to hear some educated person say something like "John and myself went to town" or "He gave the whatever to John and myself". Arrg!!! I've heard that so many times on radio programs by people who should know better.

:24::008Laughing::laughkick:

Jeepers....you're so bad!

Daylily..... I find those errors distracting. I have thousands of eBooks and 90% are self-published. Amateur editing. But since I read their HARD WORK for free, I can usually absorb most of the errors. Occasionally tho :runcirclsmiley2:

And as an amateur writer, I KNOW HOW EASY it is to make really crazy errors. Even changing the name of a character back and forth. [real example: Jenna/Jessa] Oooops! :icon19:

But what I'm laughing at....and I suspect Jeepers too..... is this from your post.

sometimes I make a typo and post your instead of you're but I know better. Maybe they do to!

"to....too...and two...." :grinning-smiley-044:

MtRider .....Sorry....that just tickled my funny bone today. :happy0203:

Edited by Mt_Rider
fixing grammer...yes, really! LOL