MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What Is/Was For Dinner?

Pork schnitzel, creamed potatoes, green beans. First time making schnitzel....I can see why it is so popular!:P

Yesterday I had a craving for ham & cabbage soup. It was very good. I also made cornbread for DH.

Tonight is pork fried steak, milk gravy, mashed potatoes and salad for DH. I'll just have the salad since I am trying to be good.

Last night we enjoyed a quart jar of our home canned veggie soup (with polish sausage in it) and I dumped a pint of our home canned potatoes in it, and added some additional spices, and a couple of slices of homemade gluten-free bread and we were happy campers! :-)

Tonight we had rice and stirfried veggies (son) and ravioli with spinach and cream cheese, red pesto on top (me).

I made a new recipe, pineapple salsa. Had a piece of pineapple in the fridge and saw a recipe online.

It was yummy.

Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, cornbread, iced tea, banana pudding.

Of course,"picky boy" only ate the chicken and the pudding, cause he is so picky.

Boy he is so hard to feed, but everyone else sure enjoyed it.

We had a visitor and she enjoyed a home cooked meal.

Last evening I cooked turnip green soup and cornbread. I think today I'll can

the leftovers. It makes a huge pot of soup and sometimes I want a much smaller

amount. Have some in the freezer in small containers ,but I want to see how it cans.

Guess I should half the recipe when I make it.

I'm also going to put in a jar of bacon too. I've never tried that cause bacon is so costly.

Everyone here loves it so much , I never have enough to can some. Well, that will be a jar

I'll have to hide for a couple months and then try it out. Do y'all like the canned bacon?

I've got "a lot" of canned bacon and yes, we love it. I just dump it in a skillet and fry it up :-) Be sure to let it brown real good on the first side before you try to turn it over since it's very flimsy.

ps...for supper tonight? Pork chops, steamed potatoes & sweet corn.

Edited by The WE2's

Large sized macaroni (don't know the real name of them), put in some of the sliced pepperoni chunks we had froze, added some spaghetti sauce and spices, then then sprinkled with grated Romano cheese...all in one big skillet! LOL

Was in Amsterdam all day yesterday. It ran late and I had a take away from the famous Nam Kee.

Rice with eggplants, pork, red bell pepper and other veggies. Took the leftovers home from the office and son dug straight in :)

Went with some friends to a Cancer fundraiser last night...pot luck...with a popular country band. Had a ball and LOTS of good home cooked food. Over indulged, but...it was home cooked stuff so not quite so bad :-) Anyhoo...had a nice time and they raised some good dollars. One of the quilts was made in the cancer colors for ALL types of cancer, not just the pink for breast cancer. Twin sized, sold for $230. Not too bad :-) One of our buddy couples bought a load of gravel for $130...not too bad! :-)

I like those auctions. I go to the big Amish ones some years. That is one time I don't mind if I over spend a little. Good fun, good people, good causes and good food.

I was going to say good clean fun but I've been to plenty of "Mud Sales" in Lancaster County PA. in February and it's not called a mud sale for nothing!