MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What Is/Was For Dinner?

Thursday night...just enjoy a simple pasta with some chicken chunks I boiled, and added some of the Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cooking stuff...mediteranean spiced. Not bad, but the cream cheese was a bit thick for me, should have "watered" it down? Oh well, it was simple, handy and quick. Won't buy any more of the cheese stuff though (but I've still got 1 and 1/2 containers).

• 3 weeks later...

We had stuffed green peppers my usual way a couple of weeks ago, so I wasn't sure if DH & lilDD would want them again. But I tried some new twists, and they liked them!

Usually I make a tomato-soup-based ground beef mixture with Minute rice. This time I cooked a wild rice mixture and added a can of drained canned corn, with the ground beef/onion mixture. Lots of cheese and they liked it! :feedme:

It was poached skinless chicken breasts, broccoli and carrots, & baked potatoes (I had plain yogurt on mine). Mary & I are both on 1800 calorie diets now getting in shape for summer.

Once in a long while we have Kaft Dinner. Tonight it is Smart KD, with green beans, pork chops and apple sauce. I just took fresh wholewheat bread out of the oven a few minutes ago, so I'm sure there will be the "crust" on someones plate too. It smells good in our kitchen tonight.

Edited by lovinit

Picked up a deli bundle: roast chicken, roasted brussels sprouts, marinated cherry tomatoes with balls of mozzarella. I hope some of that last loaf of bread is still available.

We split a chicken breast and I fried them in my infused olive olive oil along with some yellow crooked neck squash (from last year's garden) from my freezer, green beans w/drippings from chicken etc., and a couple of the baked potatoes that I worked up all afternoon. The other 10# or so are safely in baggies and in the freezer (and some in the frig for morning hashbrowns) for more meals. Topped off with ice cream on top of a cookie! Oh yum....

The leftover Kraft Dinner is coming to an end. The last of it is in tomato soup for lunch, which we will have with a subway sandwich.

I'm thinking hot comfort food for the evening meal because we still have winter weather. It is snowing and raining again.

Just put a nice sized shoulder roast into my teflon lined pressure "cooker" (not a canner) for supper. Only on for a few minutes and the whole house is filled with lovely smells! But...I can't open to take a peek or taste because it's under pressure. Should make a couple of nice meals for us.

going to make this maybe as soon as I get some peppers.......

Mexican Style Stuffed peppers for 2

What You Need
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
3 Tbsp. Taco Seasoning Mix
1-1/4 cups water, divided
1 small tomato, chopped
1/2 cup instant white rice, uncooked
2 large red peppers
1/4 cup Medium Salsa
3/4 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided

Make It
HEAT oven to 400ºF.
BROWN meat with onions in skillet on medium heat. Stir in taco seasoning mix and 1/2 cup water. Bring to boil; simmer on low heat 5 min., stirring occasionally. Remove half the meat mixture; cool, then refrigerate or freeze for another use.
STIR 1/2 cup of the remaining water into remaining seasoned meat in skillet. Add tomatoes; mix well. Bring to boil. Stir in rice; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 min. Meanwhile, cut tops off peppers; discard tops and seeds. Mix salsa and remaining water in bottom of 9-inch square baking dish. Stand peppers in baking dish.
ADD 1/2 cup cheese to meat mixture; stir. Spoon into peppers; top with remaining cheese. Cover.
BAKE 35 to 40 min. or until peppers are tender. Serve with sauce from baking dish.
  • 4 weeks later...
OOTO, did you react?

Thanks for asking, Amber. I didn't react! :) I haven't checked this thread in awhile.

Today, we're having salmon. I have filets thawing in the fridge. It is Alaskan wild-caught sockeye salmon. I've never had salmon before; I hope I like it. DH is going to put the salmon in foil with butter and grill it. That's the way we eat other fish.

I like when he grills--no pans for me to wash.

OOTO, did you react?

Thanks for asking, Amber. I didn't react! :) I haven't checked this thread in awhile.

Today, we're having salmon. I have filets thawing in the fridge. It is Alaskan wild-caught sockeye salmon. I've never had salmon before; I hope I like it. DH is going to put the salmon in foil with butter and grill it. That's the way we eat other fish.

I like when he grills--no pans for me to wash.

:)