MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What Is/Was For Dinner?

I print out a small monthly calender and write out each main course in each day of the week. Helps me rotate our meals as well as make sure I've defrosted meat or ??? Tonight, we had spring rolls with rice on the side. Oh...gotta share! For lunch yesterday we had "sprouts and pepperjack cheese" soft tacos! I keep a quart of sprouts in our frig for ??? (this batch was alphalfa) and watched to just try it. VERY good! Put some taco sauce inside it too.

Shared a top sirloin (which I beat the tar out of!), steamed potatoes and a nice salad with romaine, mini-cukes, shredded carrots, tomatoes, sprouts, sunflower seeds and ranch dressing. Opened a half pint of my home canned chunky applesauce and some mineral water over ice.

• 3 weeks later...

Put on a crockpot of red beans with lots of "goodies" inside (onions, ham chunks, bacon slices, liquid smoke, salt, pepper, BBQ sauce and a pinch of Cumin) and then baked a small iron skillet of my own recipe of cornbread. Supper is ready anytime we get ready to eat. What's left of the beans I'll pour into a quart jar, put on a sealing lid and into the fridge it goes. It will self seal and stay good for a LONG time in the frig. The cornbread? I doubt it will last past supper :-) After eating it with beans we enjoy some with butter and honey :-)

• 1 month later...

Picked up a chicken yesterday so put it in the SonOven this morning before we left for the Roost. Done to perfection when we got home about 5:30. Steamed some red potatoes, added some asparagus and supper was done :-) This time of year (it's sunny) we use our SonOven ALOT. Saves energy and time.

Went to $Tree today to see if they had any of the mesh tube/clothes spring loaded clothes hampers. They didn't have a single one! Will keep my eye open for them. Still think they'd be great for drying "stuff" if there's no electricity etc.

Edited by The WE2's

Went to $Tree today to see if they had any of the mesh tube/clothes spring loaded clothes hampers. They didn't have a single one! Will keep my eye open for them. Still think they'd be great for drying "stuff" if there's no electricity etc.

You have a picture of one of these?

Tonight is dinner out with the HOG club. Longhorn Steak House. Not one of my favorite places to eat. Litterer pricey for my taste. I'll probably just eat DH's salad since he doesn't really care for them.