MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Miles for October 26 - November 1, 2014

Snowmom

GOODMORNINGTEA-1.gif

I'm glad that some of you have lost weight. I think that just about any movement you do can be counted for miles. :)

I haven't lost any since I started really working at walking and riding. Well, I might lose a tiny bit and then gain it back. Right now I am at the same weight I was 3 or 4 weeks ago. :(

I had to stop taking Metformin, as it was causing damage to my kidneys so now I take 1/2 a GlipiZide in the morning and about 9 units of Lantus at night. I have been trying to get my weight down so that I might be able to get off the Lantus, I would really like to get off the GlipiZide too, but, it is going to take a lot of hard work. I need to lose at least 20 pounds again. I was down that 20 pounds and then gained it back with that Lymes I had last year. :(

Here are some things that count for miles.
These are as you can count them, 1 mile will = one mile.
Biking, swimming, walking, and such.
These will be counted as 1 hour = one mile
SHOPPINGCARTLITTLE.gifDANCING8.gif

:STAIRS: will be down and up 10 times = one mile
These will be counted as 30 minutes = one mile

:lois: weights, jumping rope. :clothesline:

You will have to be the judge of these. We have been counting 1 hour as a mile, but, sometimes it isn't so. Therefore, I'm letting you be the judge of these. :)

:dusting:dishes.gif

For the week of October 26 - November 1, I am saying, 40 ½ miles on the bike, 2 ½ on the treadmill and then add 1 miles for stairs and probably 3 more miles just walking and shopping. : Making a total of let me see, 47 miles last week. : I need to really work harder and get more miles in on the treadmill.

Ok, who will be NEXT2.gif ???

haveAGOODDAY2-3.gif hugscomputer.gif

Excellent, Snowmom.

Last week... with having to clean and inspect everything, including the outside of our house to find where the bugs were coming in, if any movement counts, it boosted my miles up a couple more.

Actually walking, 3 1/2, cleaning 3 miles, giving me around 6 1/2.

The major kidney infection I got caused me to fluctuate 10 lbs. Mornings I'd be 10 lbs. heavier and by evening the extra pounds were gone. Overall, I lost extra 3 lbs.

We are scheduled to go back to the doc today, because my DH has given me a nasty bug that moved from my sinuses, to my throat, then down into my lungs. He's been sick for 2 weeks... but like most men... it is like pulling teeth to get him to go to the doctor... he WILL today.. LOL.

Just started walking and went to store twice now this past week, but only want to give myself a total of 3 miles. I have lost weight and don't need the metformin. But I didn't lose weight even with more consistent exercise for some time. I was eating way too many carbs.... so .... I have gone sort of paleo with dairy thrown in and keep tea after my one coffee , by my side , or add water once in a while. Working on changing to more herbal teas since they are often fruity and usually have anti oxidants in them without the sugar, and was mostly decaf anyway..... I know too many people who just drank tea and lived til 100 so I will stick to that as my go to. It is probably helping in it's own way...

ok.. for me some sustained chores all at once would count, but really only doing them in small spurts lately..... but there are some coming along that will definitely qualify, lol. I will let you know.

More regularly walking , at least in broad daylight, will help me tone up now. I am not used to being this light....... but it feels better. I will take it...... but getting so I desperately will need pants two sizes smaller and to knit some sweaters that wont be baggy this winter. Summer wear as the time goes on for next summer.

Also keep reading that tvp and soy stuff is really bad for diabetics. There is definite science involved in those findings........ not the right protein back up for folks like me......... probably was making things worse during last winter when I ate so much of it that I have. I still have cans of it. Yikes. And beans........ have to really limit portions due to the carbs in them even with protein , and I do not absorb the magnesium enough from them , even though they have quite a bit. I have to eat green stuff and animal meats for magnesium and nuts are probably ok as long as I grind them to nut butter.

Edited by sassenach