MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Mommy Magic's Collected Recipes

mommy magic

A few of you have said that you would like more of them. I thought it would be easier if i just posted them in one continous post, (at least it will be easier for me) MOD- if you feel the recipe (s) are in the wrong place feel free to copy and paste them where you think they should be. i do understand that as a MOD that you may through caution out on some recipes, and i am fine with that! It is importent to be safe! i am not a dr. and i do not pretend to be, everyone PLEASE feel free to copy and share them, recipes should be shared, not lost in history! I have included the first recipe for those who did not see it.....

LUNG FEVER SALVE

12oz.-unsalted lard

2 oz.- camphor

3 oz. - beeswax

3 oz. - rosin (powdered)

heat the above in a double boiler. take off heat, then add....

2 teaspoons raw linseed oil, 20 ml. turpentin

bottle up, used for colds and pneumonia, rub on chest and back.

it will store for years.

AN ANTI-FUNGAL / ANTI-YEAST TREATMENT

2-tablespoons boric acid.

1-cup cornstarch.

place in a large salt shaker. shake on any area with fungal rash.

makes a great baby shower gift.

some skin rashes are severe enough to take two weeks to heal. :americanflag: also works great on athletes foot and trench foot so send some to our troops.

NOTE: my son is in the milatary and i made this for him when the DR.s said they could'nt help him. (trench foot-bleeding and toes growing together) and in about 1 1/2 weeks his feet were good as new!

Actually, one of my clients husband is a pro athlete. He says to wear shower shoes and carry lemon joy into the shower to scrub your feet with. The active germ killing ingredient is .10% triclosan. Just later one foot & wash part of you, then rinse & lather the other foot while you do the rest. Some idiots lather both feet at once and injure themselves in the shower falling down. LOL! [raises hand] GUILTY! he recommends leaving it on for 5 minutes.

Bay Leaf Tincture

:wub:
This is my favoret, i use this one ALL the time! for arthritis pain, and other pain.

in a 1 quart wide mouth jar put 6 oz. of dried bay leaves. Full jar to just under half full of vodka, then full the rest of the jar with water. Cover and store in cool dark spot, shake once a day. and leave sit for 2 weeks to 1 month. after this time strain and save liquid. store in amber bottles. apply tincture to a soft cloth and rub/massage the affected area. (
NOT FOR PREGNANT WOMEN!)

TECNICAL RECIPE:

1-part herb to 5-parts solution 45% vodka water mix. (45% alc. ppv.)

withdrawal tincture (quit smoking)

1/2- teaspoon each tincture of valerian rhizome and skullcap leaves.

1- teaspoon tincture (or glycerite) of fresh oat berries.

1/2- teaspoon each tincture of st. johns-wort leaves and passionflower.

combine ingredients. take 2-5 dropperfuls a day. if your a recovering alcoholic, use a glycerite instead of a tincture.

Nerve Pain Tincture

1-teaspoon eachtincture of St. John's Wort flowers, skullcap leaves, fresh oats and licorice root

1/2-dropperful each tincture of ginger rhizome and vervain leaves

combine ingredients. take 1 dropperful every half hour, as needed during an emergency. to relieve chronic pain, 2 to 4 dropperfuls a day.

Lice Remover Shampoo

1-oz.olive oil

5-drops tea tree oil

5-drops rosemary oil

3-drops oregano oil

Antifungal Salve

2- parts chaparral

2- parts black walnut hulls

1- part goldenseal

1- part myrrh

1- part echinaccea

a few drops of essential oil of cajeput or tea tree oil, put ingredients in a glass jar with a lid, set in sun for 2 weeks. remember to cover the above in olive oil.after 2 weeks in the sun, strain out herb, then measure the oil left, add beeswax according to the note below. bottle up, seal, and store.

NOTE: to each cup of herb oil, add 1/4 cup beeswax. if you wish a harder salve add more beeswax, if you wish a softer salve, add more oil. salve will store for years if in a cool, dark place.

Homemade Ice Pack

2- cups of water

1/3- cup (80%) alcohol- rubbing alcohol, vodka ect.

zipper- top plastic bag

combine water and alcohol in a zipper- top bag. seal top and freeze. the alcohol keeps it from freezing solid and creates a gel - like ice pack.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Dakin’s Solution

( kill most bacterias and viruses.)

32- ounces (4 cups) of clean water

1/2- teaspoon of of baking soda

Sodium hydrochlorite solution at 5.25%(Bleach-unscented)

1- Wash your hands well with soap and water.

2- Measure out 32 ounces (4 cups) of clean water. Pour into a clean pan and allow water to boil for 15 minutes.

3- Remove pan from heat.

4- Using a sterile measuring spoon, add 1/2 tsp. of of baking soda to the water.

5- Measure bleach according to the strength that is desired:

For full stregnth – add 3 oz. bleach or 95 ml.

For 1/2 strength – add 3 tbls. + 1/2 tsp. or 48 ml

For 1/4 strength – add 1 tbls. +2 tsp. or 24 ml.

For 1/8 stregnth – add 2 1/2 tsp. or 12-14 ml.

6- Place the solution in a jar and close it tightly with a sterile lid. Cover the closed jar with tin foil to protect it from sunlight.

7- Throw away any unused portion of the antiseptic within 48 hours of use. This solution can be made up to a month prior to using and stored away

Uses For Dakin’s Solution

*Minor scrapes,

*Skin and tissue infections,

*Can be used before and after surgical procedures to prevent infection

*Can be used as a mouth wash (should not be swallowed)

*Used as a wound irrigator solution to clean wounds,

* Can be applied as a wet-to-moist dressing for wounds. The body’s own wound-healing tissues and fluids can decrease the antibacterial effect of Dakin’s solution. Therefore, this daily for minor wounds and twice daily for heavily draining or contaminated wounds… Additionally, protect the surrounding healthy skin with a moisture barrier ointment (i.e. petroleum jelly) or skin sealant as needed to prevent irritation.

ill keep'em comming then. . . .

Camphorated Oil

this makes a wounderful liniment and can be obtained from drugstores. To make your own liniment of camphor, use camphor USP.

1- oz camphor USP

4- fluid oz. olive oil

dissolve the camphor in the oil. this is an excellent aid for pain relief, sprains, bruises, rheumatic or gouty problums of the joints, and other local pain or glandular swellings. check skin for sensitivity to camphor before full use of this liniment.

Elderberry Extract

take 1/2 cup berries to 8 cups of water.doil berries and simmer down to 2 cups of liquid (took about 30 - 45 minutes). strain off berries and add 1/2 cup honey and store in refrigerator.

USE: a tablespoon or 2 at a time to ward off sickness.

NOTE: great for treating flu and in particular bird flu.

Camphorated Oil

this makes a wounderful liniment and can be obtained from drugstores. To make your own liniment of camphor, use camphor USP.

1- oz camphor USP

4- fluid oz. olive oil

dissolve the camphor in the oil. this is an excellent aid for pain relief, sprains, bruises, rheumatic or gouty problums of the joints, and other local pain or glandular swellings. check skin for sensitivity to camphor before full use of this liniment.

Herbal Compress To Stop Bleeding

1-teaspoon tincture of yarrow (or other suitable herb)

1/2- cup water

a soft cloth

combine ingredients. soak the cloth in the liquid, wring it out and apple it with prerrure over the wound.

Homemade Hand Sanitizer

1- cup aloe vera gel

1- teaspoon rubbing alcohol

2- teaspoons vegetable glycerin

8-10- drops tea tree essential oil or lavender essential oil

simply blend all of the ingredients together and store.

• 4 months later...

I just came across this post .. love it .. anyone heard from MM .. would love to have more of these!!

• 3 weeks later...

Carr,

Perhaps I can help. Come over to http://www.librum.us. There you will find in the 'stacks' area some free-to-download old time receipt books. If you find something you like, copy it out, as the ebook 'books' have a checkout period.

Sarah

To add to this thread. Homemade bug repellant. Oil of Rosemary. Touch to under side of collar.

Carr,

Perhaps I can help. Come over to http://www.librum.us. There you will find in the 'stacks' area some free-to-download old time receipt books. If you find something you like, copy it out, as the ebook 'books' have a checkout period.

Sarah

To add to this thread. Homemade bug repellant. Oil of Rosemary. Touch to under side of collar.

thanks .... checking that out tonight!!!

Archived