MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hubby is due to come home today

Momo

I am sitting here waiting for the official call that DH will be released from the hospital this afternoon. He got the flu nearly 2 weeks ago and got a terrible case of bronchitis. Since he already has copd it has been rough on him. I am wore out from all the Dr.s, ER, hospital etc. It is hard for me since I am in a wheelchair and have no help but somehow we made it through again. The pets will all go nuts when he gets home today! They sure miss their Daddy! Thank God he is getting well. When you get older this stuff can be very dangerous.

Hoping all goes well. We both can sympathize. We've been fighting the bronchial thing for 3 weeks but I think we're on the healing side...finally. Now if we can just get through the coughing and the allergy season maybe we can say "we're well". A friend of ours, her brother, collapsed in his driveway...they thought it was a stroke but it was the flu. He had ellevated white blood cell count (infection) and perhaps was trying to get his mail? Anyway...he was ambulanced to hospital. They thought they might have to transfer him to another hospital because the one he was in was nearly filled. Everyone we know that's had it says it's a 3 to 4 week battle..yuck! We're usually quite healthy but us being between 67 and 70 didn't help. We stopped taking the flu shots awhile ago because they wanted to double dose (ie...senior dose) but admitted they weren't sure which strain would be going around. Again, everyone we know who came down with it...did take the flu shots. So...why bother?

• 1 month later...

Hope he is all better now. Its very scary when someone you love is ill. Welcome him home with rejoicing!

He is slowly gaining some weight! He has also quit smoking.

On the other hand he is sleeping alot. He is taking 2 daily naps. I hope it is only temporary and could be a result of no nicotine to give him a kick.