MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Food and joint pain

susie

You are what you eat.

Have you ever woken up during the night suffering from aching joints and what feels like sore bones? It might be from what you ate during the day before.

The culprits tend to be certain protiens and acids...

Acid fruit, such as tomatoes, apples, kiwis.

Lactic acids such as cheese, yoghurt, and sour cream.

Vinegar.

Whiskey.

Chocolate.

Protiens in red meat.

Peppercorns or ground black pepper.

Sodas and drinks with citric acid.

Lemons and oranges.

Don't believe me? Next time the pain wakes you, try and think back to what it was that you ate the day before.

The pain usually goes away after a few hours...at first. So you might be mistaken in thinking that you can sometimes get away with eating certain foods every now and then. But be careful...after a while, the inflamation that cause the pain ruins the tissue between the joints and then the pain will remain constant.

Solanaceous crops (tomatoes, potatoes,peppers, and eggplant) have also been noted as causing arthritis pain to worsen in some studies that were done.

Seems all the "good" stuff is bad for you in some way or another. frown

bighug

OMG! Potatoes, too?!!!

I never knew. And to think I spent all night in pain and couldn't figure out what it was that I had eaten and blamed the orange-flavoured powdered aspirin that I'd taken before bedtime.

Pasta

Chicken

Fish

Vegetables

Bananas

Avocados

Coconut and nuts

Whole grains

Onions

Salad and leafy greens

Rice

Semoule

Water

Tea

Herbs

Honey and sugar

Flour

Olive oil and oils

Pumpkin and squash

Dried beans and lentils

I know there are other foods to eat...good list.....just whining because I know that if I stay away from chocolate I feel better (and I REALLY like my chocolate). Plus potatoes and tomatoes are a really big staple here...just have to learn to adjust...because I would rather be pain free...

Originally Posted By: dogmom4
What is semoule?

It's called couscous over here, and it comes in different sized grains. It can be used like rice, in milk puddings, and in soup.

I suspect it's cream of wheat.

A Natropath doctor in our area spoke at one of my Holistic Moms meetings about a month ago, and he said:

"Do you want pain in your joints or anywhere in your body? Go home and eat sugar. Anything with the '-itis' at the end of it (e.g. arthritis, gastritis) means inflamation, and that's what sugar does to our bodies. It all starts in the digestive system."

I experimented with myself and sure enough, on the days I ate sweets, I hurt. My bones hurt, my ulceric stomach acted up, and my joints ached. When I avoided sweets, in as little as two days, I can walk easier, my stomach has no pain, and I feel pretty good.

Amazing.

Archived