MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello to All ... and Calling Cat

ladyc

:hug3: ladyc!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Still dancing?

Looks like the format has changed, but arby is right... hover over my kitty picture and a box will pop up, giving you the option to "message me".

So good to find you back here! My lilDD has been monopolizing my computer lately in the evenings, so I just got on.

:hug3:

Happy Sunday Morning to All! Yes, still dancing - at least in my mind! I've moved from NM to AZ. Less opportunity for dancing, but we've found a few nice events.

Lots of packing and unpacking with the move. Gave away a lot, discarded a lot. Moved a bit too much. Lots of sorting and reorganizing, discarding and donating. Lots of searching and occasionally finding something forgotten.

There was a quilt block swap, and after over 10 years, my stack of blocks showed up recently. Some are now on my design wall, waiting for one more block and sashing and border to complete a quilt top. A couple have just now been set into attractive table mats and finished with a little quilting. The blocks that I made were such color "misfits" that I put them into a quilt top by themselves and gave it to my niece to quilt on her large machine.

This recent discovery and attempts to finish doing something with the blocks brought back memories of MrsS and promted me to post. If any of the swap participants are still members, I thought they might enjoy seeing pictures - which I will try to post soon.

I still don't see a way to edit a post, and the screen didn't appear when I hovered over your kitty. TY for editing out my addy.

Guess what! Just after I posted, I happened to move my cursor over the choices and saw Edit show up. So I clicked on it and here I am editing!

Edited by ladyc

Editing goes away after a time. But I can always help out.

I'm still learning how to post pictures & stuff here with the newer program. If you have trouble, Annarchy can help. ;)

I'm *so* glad you found us again!!! :hug3:

I've been busy babysitting our grandson during the days, so it limits my online time. I had the last 9 weeks off because our bigDD was home with their newborn, but starting tomorrow I'll be gone most of the day again. At least I'll have Thursdays off for another month.

• 1 month later...

I got this pretty 14" bear paw block in the swap. Finally decided it would make a pretty table mat. I added the orange frame and turquoise backing.

This tutorial video for wraparound binding caught my eye. I developed the method further to accomodate the added frame and batt.

Oops, just intended the link to appear here. Didn't work that way. Had to edit out.

My attachment picture didn't post.

Edited by ladyc

It's fine, we can see it! :)

That's BEAUTIFUL!!!! I could see that framed, on a wall... :wub:

I love the colors they used. It looks like a tropical fantasy garden, until the daisies pop out at you! :)

:hug3:

Ohhh, that is so pretty! Bear Paw is one of my favorite patterns. I made one with four blocks, two rows of two blocks, and have it draped over a bench, on point. Mine is just solid wine color with black background. I really like your colors though! I need to step outside the box and get over my fear of colors. I mostly do dark jeweled Amish colors. Actually, I made another one with electric blue with black background but I gave that one away.

:shakinghead: Yeah, like telling us NOT to read it will keep us from reading it???? :24: :24: :24:

Poor kid! :(

ANYWAY.... The quilt is beautiful, and I love how she talks about you. :wub:

:bouquet: