MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Anyone have RIVAL GRIND-O-MAT MEAT GRINDER/FOOD CHOPPER MODEL 303

I was given the RIVAL GRIND-O-MAT MEAT GRINDER/FOOD CHOPPER MODEL 303 (for free, yay!) except I don't have the owners manual. I went to the Rival website but they no longer have this on their website. I also tried to locate it on Manualsonline.com

Per chance does anyone know where I can find a copy or have a copy they can scan and email to me?

Much appreciated!

Gardengabber

Edited by Gardengabber

GG, you're in luck! I had an old hand grinder still in the original box that I got 'somewhere' along the line. It's been sitting in a cabinet for who-knows-how-long! I just checked and it's a model 303 with instructions. If you'll give me a couple of days, I'll get the pages scanned in and sent to you. Please PM me with your email address and I'll get you the manual soon as I can! :)

• 2 weeks later...

FarmLife, I was just given a Rival 303 meat grinder a week ago and went online to find a manual for it without any luck, BUT I came across your post offering to scan and email the one you have. I don't know if you heard again from GG and have had a chance to scan and send it to her/him, but I would love to have a copy as well and would be most grateful if I could get one from you. I'm not sure what it means to PM you, but I could post/send you my email address. Hope to hear from you. Thanks.

GG, you're in luck! I had an old hand grinder still in the original box that I got 'somewhere' along the line. It's been sitting in a cabinet for who-knows-how-long! I just checked and it's a model 303 with instructions. If you'll give me a couple of days, I'll get the pages scanned in and sent to you. Please PM me with your email address and I'll get you the manual soon as I can! :)

Capeannma - I'll be glad to scan the book and send to you. I did get your PM, so I have your address. May not be able to get to it today, though, but I will as soon as I can! Glad to help...

• 6 months later...

FarmLife, we have another person who is not yet completely registered who would also like a copy. If you email a copy to me, I can forward it to them, if they are not yet "in". I want to help them, too.

Be happy to help! Isn't that part of what we're all about? :)

Give me a bit to rummage around in my computer and see if I can find the original scanned pages.

Okay - found it. It's on the way to you, Cat.

Would it be possible to post them here in this thread for all to see?

• 1 year later...

And this is what she said about the rest...

Cat, here's the 4 pages of instructions. There are more pages, but they are only common recipes.

If anyone else has those extra pages & wants to include them, let me know and I'll send my email addy to get them.

And if somebody doesn't understand how to save them for yourself, let me know and I'll try to walk you through it.

I was just researching/googling my old 1952 grind o mat and came across this thread. LOL Mine appears much older than this one and doesn't look the same at all. **sigh** I came across all my grinders and mills when doing a thorough "decrapification" of my basement. I'm afraid some of them have gotten moisture/rust damage, so I'm trying to figure out the best way to clean them. Any suggestions? Would coca cola work? I've read how it can remove rust on other things.

• 6 years later...
On 9/16/2014 at 3:13 PM, edensong said:

I was just researching/googling my old 1952 grind o mat and came across this thread. LOL Mine appears much older than this one and doesn't look the same at all. **sigh** I came across all my grinders and mills when doing a thorough "decrapification" of my basement. I'm afraid some of them have gotten moisture/rust damage, so I'm trying to figure out the best way to clean them. Any suggestions? Would coca cola work? I've read how it can remove rust on other things.

I have successfully used a magic eraser to remove rust from these machines.

• Thanks 1

:wave:  eatlocaltexas.  Great suggestion.  I’ve used the magic eraser for lots of things too.  

:welcome:to Mrs survival.  

• Like 1

Welcome eatlocaltexas :hi:

I use those Magic Erasers too. The last time was for getting black marks off of the floor. I scooted something across the floor and it left marks. I don't remember what it was but the eraser took them off.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...