MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Pets That Make You Smile

The WE2's

LOL, too cute. have you taught her to return to you if you need her to come back, even if she is doing her alert woof woof with someone. That might be useful in certain situations. She sounds like a blast to have with you. Perfect for you. My cat Miss Macy does a watch cat routine at times. Its quite funny watching. She is On IT if she notices a noise she doesn't like and you can watch her really watching and listening. Which helps because I simply am not always on top of it. Plus she does not bark and give herself away. That can be useful too. ( Picture how an otter will perch on their hind end and watch something that alerts them to danger, its sort of like that when she does it . She also sits like that on her rear end with her forelegs handy to pat me to get my attention . She is bottom heavy when she sits so it balances her well. It cracks me up. Sometimes she will do it very quietly at the side of my chair and wait, perched like that until I turn to her and give her lovins and ask her does she want her treats. Of course, maw. She has also decided its ok to make me go to bed. She knows when I am up too late, lol. Does that sound like cat or dog behavior to you? I have never seen the like in a cat before Miss Macy entered my life.

This evening I realized she likes to roll on her back and move her head back and forth to scratch her collar area . I realized she was doing it just for that spot I cannot get real well under her collar for her. She managed quite happily. You may see dogs do it but I have never ever seen a collared cat do it .

All pets are adorable when they develope such personalities! Yes Arby, she's becoming very good at re-call. When we're out hiking or walking and she gets out of site we holler "Abby, come" or "Abby, are you coming with us" ... and here she comes just a flying! As for her alerts, she just goes out and does the sniff, sniff, and then when she's satisfied that all is well, she comes back very willingly. If she sees an individual that ...well, we have to do the "Abby, come back" or "Abby, sit!" and she does a pretty good job of it. Got lots of training still ahead though. She's very loving and friendly, that's here nature. There's not hardly an aggressive bone in her body.

Edited by Philbe

Mountain Man wants to have the camera ready for the next time she comes "charging" when we do recall...LOL He says she'd scare the wits out of anybody. Here comes this 73 pound chocolate colored dog, at a breakneck speed, tongue hanging out one side so only her side canine teeth are visible (which almost looks like a snarl...LOL) and those yellow eyes just glowing. Then she "bumps" the hand on her way by or sits down at their feet and jumps up on them, while her butt does a wiggle dance. We'll try to get a pic for Arby and Jeepers (and the rest of ya's) so you can laugh with us. I believe if somebody really tried to harm us, she'd not be the loving little 1 year old lab/aussie mix though.

Stevie Rae (schnauzer) stared up at us one evening and then opened her mouth. She had an eye from one of her babies stuck in between two teeth. We laughed so hard! She had a great personality! The ones we have now do a great recall when I yell "Lucee TREAT" or Buddy,etc. So far it works every time. I don't always use treat for recall but I always give them one if I do.

LOL, am working on getting my cat used to some sounds , and seeing which attract her and trying to get her to respond to a call back ....... because on her own she was finally starting to do that a bit..... hand signals included. Oh and shes getting pretty relaxed now if I pick her up and hold her in my arms. Shes a big cat though so I am sort of glad she is not always jumping up on my lap when I sit in a chair......... yikes! Little by little we can train them.