MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Just one 'Jones' site

No, Becca, it was a group picture. Had to be at least 10 or 12 people in it. The man I was talking about is/was an older man.

But, you know what, My great grandfather was Thomas Benton Jones, so I'm now thinking that it could be there a connection between my great grandfather and your Frank Benton Jones. Sure makes one wonder.

Do you know his dad or anything about his family??

Snowmom

Here is the link to my Jones family Snowmom http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:2559704&id=I534784386

You can see I am descended from Frank Benton Jones' brother James Crockett Jones. Their parents Charles Minor Jones and Lydia Perry came from NY, moved to IL, then IA. They lived in IA for a time and some of the children were born in Sydney, Fremont, IA. My family, Joel and Frank then moved to ID after James married my Great Great Grandmother Izora Overacher who he later murdered and served time in prison for her death. His brother Joel married her sister Sarah. They are all buried in a family cemetery in ID. That is where the picture came from. The descendants of Frank look after the cemetery and had the photos. So I actually owe the only photos I have of that family from Frank's family. I never would have had them if I had not started doing genealogy. I have no idea where the Benton connection comes from, but I suspect there must be some connection somewhere! Usually it's a maiden name passed down, so perhaps Lydia Perry had some Benton relatives?

• 2 weeks later...

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

Boy, I just don't know. The first that we have was in KY and then OH, from there to IA. But, one never knows, some way back in the family could have gone from NY to KY. :)

Thanks for the info.

SNOWMANHUGSINPURPLE.jpgHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif