MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What does dill head look like

Jori

Jori, any time you need a picture of something, go to Google, click on "images" at the top left, and then type in what you want to find. Most of the time you'll come up with something useful.

They have changed the format; instead of clicking on pages, it scrolls on forever, which I don't like. And don't turn your kids loose on it without supervision... I know they're still very small, but bad stuff turns up even in the most innocent searches. :(

And CrabGrassAcres... we actually *do* sometimes have fresh dill that shows up in our supermarkets around here. :happy0203: They stand it in an inch of water in the produce dept.

And yeah, you can use dried seed, Jori. ;)

MIL had lots (sent me home with WAY to much but that's another post on what to do with it). So is one head just one of the little "balls"? Or that entire stem? Or half of it? Way to many questions for a Saturday - LOL

I've never seen it in a store.

It might just be that there are still a lot of people who can in our areas. If it doesn't sell, stores won't bring it in. 'Course, you could always ask them to. :shrug:

I buy dill in the produce section where they have the fresh herbs, it usually comes in a little plastic box. It's not the same kind of dill as shown above but it tastes the same. I believe it's called fernleaf dill.

http://www.mckenzieseeds.com/products.aspx?productID=101277

You can dry dill like other herbs. I use dried dill in potato salad and potato pancakes. You can use dried dill in pickling too.

Archived