MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Christmas Baking Frenzy!

Today is day three of our Christmas Baking Frenzy. For some reason, our life activities include several seasonal 'frenzies':

spring planting frenzy, shorter yard cleaning & weeding frenzies, harvest (picking & preserving) frenzy, salmon fishing frenzy, Christmas decorating frenzy, and now Christmas Baking Frenzy.

Not that it is a bad thing, we get a lot done. But I could not miss the humor when I looked at my kitchen and saw...

(cue music)

12 stollens cooling,

11 boxes for shipping,

10 kinds of cookies,

9 gumdrop fruitcakes,

8 gallons of peppernuts,

7 dozen mounds bars,

6 dozen thumbprints,

5 turkey roasters of Chex Mix!

4 sniffing canines,

3 loads of dishes,

2 frazzled cooks,

and one kitchen completely "blown awaaaaaay"!

We love Christmas, especially the goodies we make only once a year. What are your must-haves? (We're always looking for new recipes.)

I looked at my kitchen and saw... (cue music) 12 stollens cooling, 11 boxes for shipping, 10 kinds of cookies, 9 gumdrop fruitcakes, 8 gallons of peppernuts, 7 dozen mounds bars, 6 dozen thumbprints, 5 turkey roasters of Chex Mix! 4 sniffing canines, 3 loads of dishes, 2 frazzled cooks, and one kitchen completely "blown awaaaaaay"!

LOL, I love it!

What are your must-haves? (We're always looking for new recipes.)

Ours is just a simple smoked ham.

I guess one our "must haves" is my pumpkin muffins and my oatmeal cookies, because Mountain Man loves them. We try to avoid additional sugar in our diets during all the holidays because not only do they add weight to our already generous thighs but they also lower our immunities. We think (in our own opinion) that sugar lowers our resistances and provoke colds, sinus & allergy attacks, pneumonia and of course, the flu. For our gifts this year, I'll be putting up homemade taco sauces (in squats), pints of cinnamon apples (already made), crocheted dish scrubbers (already made) and some Amish-made soaps.

Oh yes!!! I love those dish scrubbies! I have a batch made from the years' turkey & ham mesh net bags and they last forever. They are going out in some Christmas cards. The men of my family especially like them for taking bugs off the car bumpers.

Oh yes!!! I love those dish scrubbies! I have a batch made from the years' turkey & ham mesh net bags and they last forever. They are going out in some Christmas cards. The men of my family especially like them for taking bugs off the car bumpers.

I like to crochet them with yarn and then "lace" fishing line throughout them. They work wonderfully too!