MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Motivation

:hi:

Hope everyone is doing great!

I am in a slump. I don't wanna do anything. Yet, I can not sit still and do nothing. The result seems to be running around in circles and accomplishing nothing. :runcirclsmiley2:

Things come up, I do them. It always seems to be "last minute urgencies". They get done, immediately and efficiently.

I have 2 quilts - I should be hand sewing. I have a pastel painting that needs to be worked on. And so many ideas that have the potential of bringing in much needed cash flow. I should write that letter. I should send those care packages. I should be researching that info. I should be applying that info to the important jobs that are on my desk.

I can not seem to get myself motivated to do anything. I do what is 'scheduled' to do and then vegetate. I do what is asked, then vegetate.

IDK :shrug:

It is frustrating. :gaah:

I know better! :shakinghead:

After so many years out of the work force, where they tell you what to do and when to do it, I just can't seem to get myself going. I know what I need to do, what I'd like to get done, but I don't do it.

:sigh:

Funny thing, I wrote this out and thought... but I do a lot. Made an addition to the chicken tractor last week before going to TX to take care of MIL, feed DH, clean house, take care of ferrets, and the list goes on, and on, and on. I make lists, do the list, make more lists and get overwhelmed because there is so much to do. I have been taught, how to do it. "...make the most out of every given moment of the day..." been to seminars, college and other training on "how to be an effective person".

Well! Now that I have spouted off, I will go back to my little corner of the world and bury my head in the sand.

:hidingsmile:

Wow, and I thought it was only me! I am having a terrible time getting motivated this year. You bring your shovel Wormie and I'll bring my pail to play in Annies sandbox. She lives in the desert so she can be in charge of the sand. All are invited...misery loves company ya know!

Been real busy and yes, there are lists in my head and still more stuff to be done and folks to answer to...... yep.....not sure I am keeping up either and playing the wheel on some of it for delay to get my utter basic move accomplished here and such..... probably aggravated some folks but I actually was told to just do this for myself. ( By medical folks) . I needed to and time limits and not much energy or strength in the first place, so its taking a very long time to get it all done singlehandedly. And yea , Im used to sitting still!

It's been a kick in the pants and things are looking up now, a bit. New place is better even if stuff hits the fan in the fall.

I wish I had the heart of a minimalist.. lol. I sooo want to veg...... if I can at least go fishing nearer the weekend for a few hours that would be helpful. I am very tired and sore, lol. Bruised even. A couple humdingers and I keep finding more.

But, been there, done that....... what motivates you, or gives you mental rest? We each have to find it for ourselves. We are also getting older and most of us have to adjust a bit to more low key efforts.

With my CF and fibro hitting me and IM still doing this moving and cleaning, its not easy, I have taken breathers , sometimes after every bin I just carried. I have overworked regular muscles , and I need to recupe from it but still must go on. I could easily sit in my place for the next three weeks and see nobody, just to recupe, lol. But have too much going on. So its the opposite for me I guess, and trying to find middle ground activity levels is the key for me. I will figure it out and maybe that is what you need to do , figure out a different kind of scheduling because you may be exhausted and just don't realize it and make sure to take your vitamins and eat good foods.

The ridiculous levels of the news, as well as the atrocious stuff out there is taxing, the amount of general worry is increased, and this can be overwhelming trying to fathom it all and roll with it, but its way more stressful these days.

If you need quiet time, take it.

Right there with you all... :grouphug: Me, too!

I start, and then something happens and I'm like the perpetual dog joke... OK - OK - OK --- SQUIRREL!!!!!!!! :o

It's more difficult when you have others who expect stuff from you. :shakinghead: And priorities get changed around according to *others'* needs.

New Grandson's emergency needs trumped everything last weekend, but I'm looking ahead to needing to start getting LilDD ready to return to college. We're doing the dental visit, the eye check-up, etc. Didn't help that I had the medical issues, too, but at least those happened *before* the baby's needs. And at least I know my heart should be good for a while. :shrug:

Hubby wants to go with his Dad to a museum in MI they've wanted to visit, and it closes in October. He has plenty of unused vacation time.

I gotta admit - a few days or a week of time without "taking care" of his needs would go a long way towards catching up on the "big jobs" I should have done long, long ago. Not at all a desire to be "rid" of him, just saying that it's tiring starting something and then having to switch gears to make supper, do laundry, etc.

Ok, built the sandbox, installed a misting system and shade screen, plus there is sunscreen 75 available for all. :happy0203:

It was 80* this morning at 5 am. Around 100* at 8 am. The heat seems to be a factor contributing to my lack of motivation. Yard work has to be done early, any time after 10 am and a person sweats profusely. It is our 'shut-in' season - windows covered, lights on low, doesn't help my claustrophobic feeling. Having trouble cooking because we do not want to heat up the house. I removed part of the covering on my office window, the lack of light was getting on my nerves.

Love the cliches, Philbe.

I kinda miss DH working. I used to have time to do stuff while he was at work. Since he retired, I hear, "... you've done enough today..." more than I prefer, especially when I am getting into the swing of a project. :rolleyes:

Today is a new day, opportunities await. :blink: Let's see how much I can accomplish....

............. SQUIRREL !!!!!!! ............ :24:

:lol:

The heat seems to be a factor contributing to my lack of motivation.

Ya THINK, Annarchy? Sheeesh gal! You don't have "heat". :grinning-smiley-044: :grinning-smiley-044: :grinning-smiley-044: You have :knary: HEAT :knary:

Even if you're "used to it", it's a drain on the body....human and animal.

Can you get enough insulating value from the large-bubble sized Bubble Wrap in at least part of some windows to let in light for normal orientation of day/night? I've lived closed in and it can really mess up your internal systems.

Mebbe put up a sort of mylar sheet awning? [yeah, 'nother project] Or just use mylar sheet on inside of window to block sun but you can still see out. Even if it's a smaller portion of the window. A full time cave isn't good. Mylar isn't insulation tho....only reflection. Combination of mylar on window and bubble wrap inside of that for the insulation value?

I also use the sun blocking device that you'd use for a vehicle's windshield. The mylar kind works good and props up easily and folds to take down.

I'm one that MUST have light....diffused light is better. Porch roof blocks some of the direct sun. I still use the same insulation I used against the cold in the winter. Too hot. Too cold. Same basic problem and solution. But at least in the summer's heat, I can follow the sun around. Open windows on the shady side and close sunny side. Lot of maintenance but....it helps a LOT! But I'm not sure where Annarchy live....the shady side would still be tooooo hot! :yar:

As far as getting ANYthing done.....I'm waiting :tapfoot: to feel well enough. Had two days in town over weekend and ..... :0327:

MtRider :knary: Course, not everyone would like odd things like windshield sun blockers, bubble wrap, or cut down mylar blankets up at their windows. Doesn't matter iffen you're out in the boonies. :busted:

Edited by Mt_Rider

It is 95 out there and humidity is only 52 % ..I thought it was kinda

nice out there hanging the laundry out . There have been such few

times for the past 8 months I could hang outside and the clothes

get dry.

When my head started getting hot I came in..but this low humidity !!!!!!!

I know it gets old when it is 100 day after day..... I loved the desert when I lived

in it.......

:scratchhead: A race between clothesline and dryer .........um, that must be "Desert humor". :lol:

Let's see: Mountain humor? Bets on how soon the next huge boulder is going to fall off the hillside onto the highway?

MtRider :008Laughing::grinning-smiley-044:

Edited by Mt_Rider

I am a list person too. I have paper lists...lists on my phone...and my computer. They keep me organized and I get a great sense of accomplishment when I check things off.

Problem is they tend to take over my life.And they are NEVER done...because I'm that person who keeps adding to the list as it gets shorter. ;)

Today is the beginning of my third week of summer vacation. You would think I'd be feeling really rested....instead I woke up this morning feeling like I hit a wall. Why? Because when school was out I created a monster list of projects that I wanted to get done this vacation and I'm already pooped out from trying to do it all. Plus all the other life responsibilities is just making me want to crawl under a rock and stay there.

There have to be down times during our days...weeks...seasons of life... Otherwise we get burned out. By nature...as preppers...we tend to always be looking around and see what needs to be done. We just have to remember we can't do it all.

Right now I'm sitting and looking at the chickens calmly pecking around the yard. I've decided to I want to be more like my chickens (Where's a chicken smilie when you need it?) I'm going to make sure I have times to be more chilled... :frozen:

And because I want my friends to be around for a long time....I'm hoping you will be too. :grouphug:

Edited by dogmom4

LOL, dogmom4, that is what I was doing yesterday. Sitting on my porch swing watching the chickens and birds, thinking how they don't worry about stuff, they seem content with water, shade and the handfuls of seed I toss out to them.

I erased my white board lists. They were constantly reminding me of the stuff I 'should/could' accomplish, but have not had the time to focus on. Instead, I have decided to do one thing at a time. Finish the most important and, then, go on to the next project.

And, I am not going to worry about the things that do not get done. If I have time, I will work on them.

The other day, I was doing something for DH's business and thought, "...Oh, I could do this with that..." I finished the job and put the idea on hold. Maybe it is a good idea, but, not today. :happy0203: Instead, I will keep that idea and the supplies to do it, in storage, until, such a time as, it becomes feasible to do.

Yeah, Mt_Rider, the heat is probably half my problem and the cave syndrome. I am feeling better, now that I removed some of the office's window covering. I can deal with the heat that leaches in, better than I can the lack of light.

I do lists too! Don 't always get it all done so I circle what isn't done and put it on tomorrows list. Soon enough I get tired of seeing it on a list and do it or just take it off altogether! I only realized a few years ago I could do that! Just take it off and forget it. If it didn't get done, it probably wasn't a higher priority anyway!

Yesterday I made a double batch of dog biscuits and cinnamon rolls (rolls not for dogs)! Also passed a kidney stone the night before that measured 1/4"X1/2. Don't know how that got down the tube without me knowing. Maybe formed in the bladder? That wasn't on the list either! Big priority though!!! I just thought I had a UTI.

Today I clean and take ebay photos! Love short lists!!!

"That wasn't on the list." .............OW! glad that's crossed off the list, Miki!

THINGS NOT ON THE LIST..........they are the biggest reason my LIST never gets completed! :motz_6:

MtRider ..... :knary: hiding in the back room with the swamp cooler all day HAS NEVER BEEN ON THE LIST! :banghead:

Edited by Mt_Rider