MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Snippy People

Sheeees.

I was running errands and came home and noticed it looked like my driveway had been snow plowed. We have a light layer of snow. Not even an eighth of an inch. Just a light dusting left. In fact, most of the driveway had clear spots on it because it is still warm. I pay $20.00 each time he plows.

So, I called. His mother answered. I didn't know it was a kid doing the plowing. It's listed as a construction company. Must be his dad's company. She just answered the phone with a 'Hello' not saying who it was I was calling. It doesn't matter though.

So, I said, "I think my driveway was plowed today and it didn't need it." She starts in saying, "Well, it did snow and my son (a-ha) only gets good compliments on his work!" I say, "I didn't say he didn't do good work. I said he..." she starts to interrupt. I say. "HELLO!" She shut up. I say, "I didn't say he didn't do good work. I said he comes too often." She said, " Give me your name and number and I'll tell him." And she hung up on me.

Why in the world are people so nasty to paying customers? If I can find another plow guy, mommy just lost her son a customer. Kinda ruined my day a little.

It was slicker then snot and half as fun this morning. Son's friend rolled his jeep 7 times on the way to school. Not a scratch on the kid. The previous owner had installed a roll bar on the Jeep to go off road. A lot of slide offs and accidents this morning.
We have record cold and my area might get a dusting to 2 inches overnight tonight.

Oh my Gofish. That is so scary. What a miracle he wasn't hurt! I was out tonight and it got very cold, windy and slippery here too since I was out this morning. Our roads are clear but parking lots have patches of ice on then. Makes for some interesting walking. I was doing a little stiff legged walking myself. I parked, hopped out of the Jeep and stepped on an icy patch. Reminded me it's time to start paying attention to where I'm going.

This is the time of year that there's somebody shoveling, scraping or plowing snow on every corner and they charge an arm and a leg! Most of them have brand new equipment and hike their prices to the commercial company's fees to try and pay for it. I'm glad MrWE2 is still able to do ours. If it gets over 3 inches or so, our neighbor here comes down with his blade (he's got a farm & brings his plow into town) and we ALWAYS send him a thank you card :-) At the Roost and at the big house, we have to deal with it :-(

Sorry Lady, I've seen the type you are talking about, far too many times to be forgiving. Forgive me when I say, it is an attitude of "you owe me". I agree with ArmyOf5ForGod, there are many kids who will shovel it for a few bucks. That's how I get my yard mowed in the summer. There is the company in our area, that charges me top dollar, if'n the kids do not come around asking if I need help.

But, being snippy, does not get far with me either. More than anything, it sets my hackles on end and makes me try to find an alternative solution.

((((Jeepers)))

Thank you ladies! I think she was on her high horse as soon as I called. As I said, when she answered the phone she just said "Hello" and not, "Hello, XYZ Construction." I had to ask if I had the correct number. Someone needs some new people skills. Especially toward people who are paying them. Yep, people think they are doing you a favor letting you pay them. Entitlement. Guess who didn't call me back? :buttercup:

It was slicker then snot and half as fun this morning. Son's friend rolled his jeep 7 times on the way to school. Not a scratch on the kid. The previous owner had installed a roll bar on the Jeep to go off road. A lot of slide offs and accidents this morning.

We have record cold and my area might get a dusting to 2 inches overnight tonight.

This is such a good story. Coulda have been NASTY, but it's not!!! Praise God he's ok!!! Stay safe!

im so glad you called him on trying to make work where there was none, just for the $20. too many folks trying to do that nowdays, and they do not realize they are cutting their own throats by treating the customer like they are stupid. Part of the general lack of social skills, consideration and cooperation that seems to on the rise in our selfish times. what a pity. find a new ploy guy, and let them know why you did when you cancel their contract. Mom should know better - sounds like she is defending her child instead of letting him learn from his errors.

You're Fired!

Hee-hee. I called and 'Momma' answered again and when I said I no longer require their service, she hung up again. :008Laughing:

I found a guy that lives a couple of streets away. We'll see how he does. I really liked my first guy but he went off to college and sold out to this guy I had. I don't now how old the guy doing the plowing is but he has to be in his later teens to be able to drive and be out after curfew etc. For all I know he could be in his 30's. Oh well, no skin off of my....nose now. Momma is his problem.

On another note, this is a construction company and it seems she is doing the phone answering. She never says the company's name when she picks up or anything. Just, "Hello". I have quite a bit of work around here that I'd like to get done next summer including getting a new front porch and maybe some sort of back porch covering. Maybe just a pergola or something. And a new fence. Guess who I won't be calling?

Holy smokes. I just Googled them and they do basement waterproofing. That is first on my must get done in the spring! Wow, she really cost them. I noticed they have snow removal listed on their site too. Kind of sad in a way. You never know who your next customer might be.