MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Need a good chicken wing recipe

Hello everyone :wave:

I got a really great deal on 5 of chicken wings. It has been years since I fixed wings. Does anyone have any flavorful recipies they could share with mke? I want something with a blend of spices (not necessarily hot), that offers a burst of flavor to the meat.

Thank you all in advance...

SG

The way we make hot wings; either bake or fry them until crispy, then, dip into Franks Red Hot sauce. Serve with ranch dressing, carrot & celery sticks. Add Tabasco and cayenne to make it hotter. If I am baking them, I'll put 1 TBS flour, salt, pepper, cayenne & paprika in a zip-lock and coat the wings before cooking, to make them a little more crispy and to soak up the hot sauce after cooking.

Then, my favorite, vinegar & salt; soak at least an hour in 1 c white vinegar and 1/2 c cider vinegar. Cook until crispy (bake or fry). Using the left over vinegar mix, add 1-2 Tbs dry ranch dressing and 1 Tbs butter, boil for 5 minutes and cool. Dip crispy wings in mixture and sprinkle with salt to taste. Optional: Sprinkled with parmesan and salt.

Garlic parmesan; Cook wings, then, sprinkle with a mixture of parmesan and garlic.

A dry rub/sprinkle we sometimes use; 1-2 Tbs of tomato bullion, add pepper, garlic, onion, celery and paprika powder to bullion. Depending on my mood and taste, I may add some sage, or thyme, or even oregano, ( sometimes all three ) to change up the flavor.

I usually add the flavorings after cooking, because the sauces/coatings tend to burn in my oven and cause oil to boil excessively.

Now I'm craving wings...... :thumbs: