MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

How to Remove a Ring from a Swollen Finger

Here is a vid of an actual removal.......................(I skipped over the fire station part...... and.... the music is very annoying)

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU5A9Q_268k&feature=youtu.be&t=2m15s[/media]

Uploaded on Feb 15, 2012

Swollen finger in the morning, jewlery store mid afternoon, fire station for almost 2 hours around noon, the ER afternoon. Anyone with a stainless steel ring needs to watch this. The local fire department used over 7 ring cutters and they still could not get it off.

Edited by Midnightmom

Both of us only wear our rings as "jewelry" and both bands are gold, my solitaire is white gold (wanted the mix) so I don't even do dishes with my rings on (on the advice of my jeweler). Mountain Man (being a carpenter etc.) knows the dangers of rings on a working man's hands. Stay safe everybody, take your rings off at least every night before you go to bed. Hands often swell during the night, and then when you get up and the swelling can't be released, you're headed for disaster!

Getting a heavy band ring cut off after an injury to the next knuckle is NOT a pleasant experience. OWWWWW! Besides, it ruined my wedding ring. Sure wish I'd known this. I wear my repaired-but-not-the-same ring on a necklace around my neck now.

MtRider :thumbs: