MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Women Only Please Read - Question on Rash

Hi ladies, I am wonderiing if maybe someone can help me. I have what I think is a yeast infection, could be fungal, but I think yeast infection under my breast, abdomen and groin area. I think it would be like a yeast infection you would normally get but its on other areas of my body. I am so miserable and it hurts and burns and stings. It is blood red, my skin is red, and some bumps. I know its because it is so hot here and I'm overweight and I think it may also have something to do with my diabetes (because I haven't been taking care of myself), but I am so miserable. The dr. called in medicine cream and two diflucan pills. Hasn't helped at all. I don't know what else to do. I wash with cool water, put the cream on. I've tried corn starch, some OTC fungal creams and yeast creams and nothing will clear it up. Does anyone have any idea of something I might try or would help it? I've tried to think of something natural. I thought about tea tree oil, but honestly I don't know if I could stand for that to touch my skin. Someone told me Listerine, I'm so desperate I tried that and of my gosh, let's just say I was crying and jumping all over the place it burned so bad, never again.

Please, please does anyone have any suggestions or does anyone else have or ever have this problem.

I know what you mean....do not use any cream with steroids in it bcz it makes it worse. I regularly --daily--use GoldBond Powder equivalent---(Walmart equivalent at half the price is the same so buy that instead) to keep myself dry. Sometimes its heat esp. summer, that makes it worse but I find being stressed gives me a flareup. I only get this under my breasts so not sure about the other areas. For the groin area, I'd be tempted to use a zinc baby diaper rash cream. Could use it on the abdomen too and like babies, have some "air time". Again I use Walmart brand diaper rash cream --sometimes I get a heat rash and use it. Hope these suggestions help---might keep things at bay in the future though I don't know if they'd help now. But I am thinking in dogs now. and not humans---...for hot spots, use Gold Bond powder on the hot spot so maybe it'd work for your rash....or another thing is vinegar and water for any fungal problems. Diluted--maybe it wouldn't burn or irritate. I'd try the Gold Bond --its menthol so you can expect a mild burning but I've found it does work for me for preventative and while I've got it bothering me too.

Well I've been washing the areas with a wash for yeast infections from dr. then pat dry, use my hair dryer on cool to make sure its completely dry. Then put the cream on. I have been using the Gold Bond in the green containers also. The lotion and talc. I put the talc on after the cream has had time to sit for awhile. I've even been using ice packs on the area to keep it cool. Motherhen I had thought about the diaper rash cream also because that's kind of what they have. I will get some tomorrow. I think it has zinc in it, don't know if that helps or not. I will continue to use the Gold Bond Powder, it relieves the pain a little. I also have had it under my breast and had luck keeping it under control, but now its like my whole body is broken out. Maybe its all the stress of losing my dad, then the diabetes, and oh heck I don't know what else....I just know it hurts really bad. Thank you ladies for your suggestions.

(((Denise))) Been there, done that. Not sure if it's the same thing as you had, but it sure sounds familiar. Mine was definitely brought on by stress and poor eating habits because I was so busy and stressed out. I cured it by only eating whole foods - no meat or dairy (eggs are fine) - and limiting sugar. I started with a juice fast - mainly vegies - and getting my system cleaned up of the crap I had been putting into it. I kept the affected areas clean and dry (under the breasts and in the groin area, and yes, I'm overweight) and I found that cortisone creams helped a LOT, as in cleared up affected areas within a week.

Because of your diabetes, I would keep a close eye on the area because of potential complications. BUT, I've dealt with a skin disorder for years and when I treat it from the inside out (by eating mostly vegetables and unprocessed foods) it clears up almost miraculously. I would also suggest drinking chamomile tea - it's a powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-viral and when coupled with a bit of lemon balm, a wonderful mood enhancer and relaxant.

Prayers and Hugs headed your way. :bighug2:

I've (thankfully) never had to try it so...

I've read that putting yogurt with live cultures on/in the affected area clears it up. Also that a daily dose of yogurt will help keep it at bay and balance out your digestive system. Changing your diet will help long term too as yeast feeds on sugar. I hope you fell better soon! (((hugs)))

Best luck I've had is to tuck soft cotton clothes under my breasts to absorb sweat. Avoid polyester like the plague and only use cotton bras and undies. I'm very sensitive to latex so can't tolerate elastic. Look for women's boxer shorts in cotton. They are long legged so you don't have elastic in the groin area.

Ugh. I feel for you. I have a "friend" who is big breasted and has had that problem too. It didn't start until "she" was diagnosed with pre-diabetes. So I'll bet that has something to do with it. It sounds like you are doing all you can topically and with a prescription so getting your sugar down seems like the next best step. All I know that works is baby powder to keep things DRY. For "her" it's a skin on skin issue. Pain, itch, burn, slim, smell, red, bumps...angry stuff. For "her" there is a perfect circle under the breast and on the stomach where the two meet, during a flare up. Baby powder seems to work for "her" but "she" has some Monistat for yeast and Lotrimin for fungal crud put away incase the powder fails.

Please get your diabetes under control. That is so very important and can cause the skin to break down along with a whole lot of nasty things I wouldn't want to happen to you!!!!! :hug3:

P.S.

I just read CGA's post and I agree. I've had to keep material under the breasts too. Just wear a night gown and keep part of it tucked under the breast when at home. Keep the skin from touching skin and keep dry. Wonder if it's the same thing as jock itch?

All that has been said is what I would recomend. I wi add calmoseptine ointment. It stings a little. When first applied but has always helped me when powder and keeping clean and dry àlone doesn't work

All that has been said is what I would recomend. I wi add calmoseptine ointment. It stings a little. When first applied but has always helped me when powder and keeping clean and dry àlone doesn't work

Don't (and haven't every had) anything like this, but first husband was very overweight and often had issues in the groin area. Also, because he had a colostomy, the area under the colostomy "base" often got very irritated & tender because of having to remove it and it pulled on the skin. I always kept a "skin barrier" either in towelette wipes or liquid to smooth over the area, but be sure it's the "sting free"...available through most medical supply stores. Also, for the groin, the hospital put me on to using a calamine cream to make a barrier (used if after cleaning & patting dry) for the skin. Probably also available from your local medical supply store. Sounds like you're miserable :pray:

Thanks everyone for all the helpful advice and ideas on more things I can do. I am going this afternoon and load up on things. I'm determined to get this under control. I know I have to start eating right for my diabetes, but with all happening truthfully I just haven't cared much. Of course look what's happened. I will go to store and get some "good" foods for me and items for this miserable skin problem. I've had lots of things in my life, but don't think I've ever just been this miserable and hurt with a skin infection. Thank everyone who's commented, I really appreciate it. Thank you all...sending hugs all your ways. I'm always so very thankful for you all.

I agree with Andrea about the whole foods.

I had a yeast rash under my breasts (confirmed by cultures) for about 10 years. I am not overweight nor big busted. I tried all the natural remedies and doctor's remedies for Candida (even going off fruit for a year) and they would almost work. It would all go away except for a bump or two then come back full blown. It was not until I found out that I have pre-diabetes and got that under control that it went away. I used a prescription cream that cleared it up and it has not come back. I think it has everything to do with the blood sugar. The cream was clomotrozol or something like that.

It was one of the most miserable things I've ever endured! Itched like you would not believe unless you've experienced it, red, raw, bleeding, got a secondary bacterial infection, etc. I do feel for you!

Edited by Daylily

Andrea - can you tell me what lemon balm is. Is it an essential oil or drops and where would I get it?

(((Denise))) Been there, done that. Not sure if it's the same thing as you had, but it sure sounds familiar. Mine was definitely brought on by stress and poor eating habits because I was so busy and stressed out. I cured it by only eating whole foods - no meat or dairy (eggs are fine) - and limiting sugar. I started with a juice fast - mainly vegies - and getting my system cleaned up of the crap I had been putting into it. I kept the affected areas clean and dry (under the breasts and in the groin area, and yes, I'm overweight) and I found that cortisone creams helped a LOT, as in cleared up affected areas within a week.

Because of your diabetes, I would keep a close eye on the area because of potential complications. BUT, I've dealt with a skin disorder for years and when I treat it from the inside out (by eating mostly vegetables and unprocessed foods) it clears up almost miraculously. I would also suggest drinking chamomile tea - it's a powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-viral and when coupled with a bit of lemon balm, a wonderful mood enhancer and relaxant.

I use cornstarch with essential oils mixed into it. I just use a bowl and a tiny wire whisk to mix my desired combination (your tee tree oil would work with something else for a more pleasant smell). You might try an essential oil (roll on) as well but be sure to use a carrier oil so as not to sting. Coconut oil has amazing healing properties as well. Be clean, and dry, lather up in the coconut oil, air dry, ( I soak up the oil like a sponge) follow with your powder combo. And yes cutting out the sugars helps a great deal.

I keep my powder on the vanity in a pretty container with the big soft puff for application. Makes me feel better just Dustin up.

It has been harder to keep dry because we are out most of the day doing yard work, but the routine,sometimes more than once a day surely helps me. I had to really make the effort to cut out the sugars, I was on a binge, so not good with diabetes, and did notice the difference when better choices were being made though. Praying you have success in what you try

Andrea - can you tell me what lemon balm is. Is it an essential oil or drops and where would I get it?

Lemon balm is a member of the mint family, which means it grows like a weed! I don't know how cold it gets in the winter where you are at, but depending on your zone, I would be happy to send you some baby plants once the weather is cooler. Or, you could just go to a nursery/hardware store. Most places carry it in their garden section. Or, you can go to any health food store and buy either a tincture or capsules. I used to buy these:

http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-Melissa-Capsules-100-Count/dp/B00020HQU0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1403890220&sr=8-2&keywords=lemon+balm but now I'm experimenting with making my own. Lemon balm is very aggressive in the yard so I am able to harvest more than enough for my needs! I also make my own tincture.

My favorite herbal tea is a mixture of chamomile flowers, dried raspberry leaves, and dried lemon balm. It's very calming and soothing. You know, you might also try making a super concentrated cup of chamomile tea and cool it in the fridge. Then, lightly dab it on your inflamed areas, but be careful about trying to many things on the area.

Good luck!

P.S. I almost forgot, chamomile can also help regulate your blood sugar levels. It might be worth experimenting with drinking a cup of chamomile tea (straight, no sugar! ;) ) with your meals. http://www.naturalnews.com/025330_chamomile_sugar_blood.html#

Edited by Andrea

For years I had problems, but I have it mostly under control now. Cotton undies were a way of life, used the powders, air dried after a shower, lotions, you name it.

When I started working full time, I had to get a grip and find something that would also eliminate the odour that always hung around the yeast infection. I went to the chemist and asked them what they had, got told to use a tinea cream, been there done that and it didn't work, so no thanks, this time the assistant listened and got me a stronger tinea cream. this one is OTC only, it is not on the shelves. It can only be used for a week at a time and then you need to use the usual tinea cream, but after a couple of rotations between the creams, I got relief. I still occasionally have a small break out, straight onto the strong stuff for a week, one week of the usual strength and I am fine. It has changed my life!

Sorry the name probably wont help you but the product contains Miconazole nitrate 2% w/w and Hydrocortizone 1% w/w

Miconazole nitrate is what is in Monistat and Lotrimin here in the states. I'm not sure about the percentages. I know we can get Monistat 1, 3 or 7. My container is packed away or I'd look. And we can get Hydrocortizone 1% or 2% (can't remember which) OTC.

I remember when we had to have a prescription for Monistat.

Two pills of diflucan is the simple crotchrot dose. For what you have, ask the doctor for 200 mg PO on Day 1, THEN 100 mg qDay for two weeks.

You can order Body Glide Anti Chafe balm from Amazon.com. That really stops chafing which just keeps the area irritated. I have used anti fungal creams also--Not at the same time. Taking an acidolfi... probiotic pill or eating some plain yogurt= no sugar helps too.