MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Just Sittin' Here...

...waiting to be arrested, have my house taken away from me, credit cards seized, bank accounts taken over and Jeep confiscated.

I was making out my quarterly taxes and realized I never got my refunds back. Dang, how could I have missed that! So I called HR Block and they have to look into it and call back. Fine, I had to go get my new license plate tag. License bureau computers are all shut down state wide today. Sigh. When I got home there was a message on my answering machine. Thinking it was HRB, I called back.

I got someone from India (clue #1) He rattled off my name, address, phone number and social security number. He told me I was being sued by the IRS and was being audited for the years 08-13. And that I owe $4,300.00 and if I don't pay right NOW the state police will show up at my door within 2 hours and throw me in jail and take everything that is in my name. I told him I'll be waiting. He got nasty. I hung up.

I called the real HR Block and they refiled saying I should receive the checks within 3 weeks. Don't bother to bail me out... 'a cot and three hots' sounds pretty good right about now. Bring it on.

Some most days I really don't like people at all.

(((((Jeepers)))))

Horrible people.

I got a call last month, from a collection agency. They claimed it was for the State IRS. I prodded to get more info and she got snippy and hung up on me. We checked the phone number and it was from the agency she claimed to be calling from.

The next day, I pulled my tax forms from my files and called the State. After identifying myself and providing the caller's ID, the agent informs, me "...we do use that company for collections... let me check the status of your account... please hold." After a few minutes, the State agent comes back on the line and says, "Yes, you do owe money, plus interest, from 1012, and you did not file 2013 and 2014." She stated, "We sent notices but they were returned to us." I asked, what address did they have on file?" She gives me our street address and I got upset. We do not have home delivery in our town, if it does not go to our PO box, it will not be delivered. I even have a letter from the Postmaster stating that fact. I asked her, "who changed our address?" She did not know and said I had.

I was floored! I checked my numbers on the photocopy and told her I would bring them a copy, in person.

Arriving in the State office, I showed her the tax books we received, with the proper address. 2014 I had to find the state book on-line because they did not send us one.

She was kind enough to change our address and take the copies, then said she would forward the packet to the accounting department. I included the letter from the postmaster and copies of the tax book pages that backed up my tax form.

She said it was their mistake and they would take care of the 'bad credit report'.

:shakinghead:

Oh, WOW, Annarchy! SO smart of you to keep all of your paperwork and be prepared! Maybe they count on people NOT saving them???? :(

Jeepers, I got one of those. I asked him why his phone number shows up as "US Government". He repeated that he was from the IRS. I laughed and told him that I was SO SORRY he has this job. He tried to tell me that the police were gonna show up at my door. I laughed again and hung up.

Idiots.... :girlneener:

Gees Cat, maybe we can be 'cellies'. This guy was starting to get very forceful and tried to sound threatening. I can see how older or younger people could fall for it. Threats from the police showing up and the IRS threatening a lawsuit isn't something you want to hear.

Wow Annarchy, good thing you had all of those documents! I just have all of my returns and declarations etc. in one place by the year. Sounds like "they" are starting to desperate out there.

What bothered me the most was he knew my name, address, phone number and especially my social security number without me saying a word. Also, it's funny how he just happened to call me after I had called my local HR Block to find out about my refund. Either my phone is monitored or theirs is. There is no such thing as privacy any more!

The number was listed as 'Unavailable' on the phone. But a reverse look up said it was from Sunnyside, WA. Of course by way of India. I told the lady at HRB and she said the IRS will never call you.

Low life people. Makes me want to hurt them. :frying pan:

Yeah, I had heard that the IRS won't call. Mine didn't say anything about my personal info, but tried to get pushy. I told him that we have NEVER even been late paying taxes, and that's when I laughed at him.

I wonder if they are monitoring H&R Block, hacked into it from afar....?

My dad just got that same call.....a very EARLY call. He's just not able to laugh off this sort of thing. He did know it was bogus and hung up. But it upset him for most of the day. We happened to visit today and he was finally in a better mood.

MEAN NASTY TRICKS .....some folks think they're making a living at others' expense. MEAN ROTTEN NASTY!

MtRider ...God will get them...!!! <_<

Thanks for the link Twilight. Guess I'm one of the "lucky" ones.

Mt. Rider, I really do understand how your dad felt. I was gone when 'they' called me and left a message. To hear the IRS has filed a lawsuit against me was upsetting for a few minutes. The message was an American woman's voice but I THINK it was computer generated. Even though I knew it was bogus (live person had an Indian accent), I knew I was having an issue getting my refund so something was up. And I had just called H&RB... It really could have been true in my case. At first I was concerned and then angry. Two emotions I didn't need to go through that day. Knowing they have that much info on me just through the phone line without me giving ANY information makes me very uneasy too.

I did report it to an online 'do not call' site. I'm sure nothing will come of it though. I'm sure 'they' have tons of phones and different numbers they use.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2015/05/26/irs-breach-100000-accounts-get-transcript/27980049/

Strange if they are collecting so much money that they can not even keep their programs or security up to date.

Is it one of those "can't happen to me " thoughts?

My opinion is the that NOTHING is accidental. ALL of it is planned...including hacks. For just the reason you stated, Twilight. Doesn't make sense otherwise, does it? :tinfoilhatsmile:

Annarchy commented:

So much for our personal records being secure.

And so ....it was SO VERY IMPORTANT to get all of our medical records computerized too. Legally mandated!

MtRider .....I keep saying I'm beyond being shocked since I've lowered my expectations so far. But ....I'm sure something will be done to shock me again. <_<

Edited by Mt_Rider

Annarchy commented:

So much for our personal records being secure.

And so ....it was SO VERY IMPORTANT to get all of our medical records computerized too. Legally mandated!

MtRider .....I keep saying I'm beyond being shocked since I've lowered my expectations so far. But ....I'm sure something will be done to shock me again. <_<

Ohhhh, you just hit a sore spot with me. I have seen countless reports of hacking into that system. I am livid beyond words. My med records are out there for everyone to see!?! I do NOT want everyone to know all the crap I have dealt with! That is my own stuff to deal with!

Ok, Ok, I know, "shut up Annarchy!"