MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Cookbook

Guest Guest

I do really think we need a Mrs. Survival cookbook. I am willing to do all I can do to help make it happen. I think this is a vital part of Mrs. Survival and us modern pioneers smile.gif need to have one in our kitchens, just in case we can not come here and pull a needed recipe.

What do you all think?

Hill

------------------

A problem is just a challenge waiting to be conquered.

Impossibilities are just possibilities waiting to be made possible.

You can't stop the curve balls of life but you can choose how you will handle them.

hillbillee.jpg

I'm happy to be involved in this. What form would it take - online so we can print it, or hard copy, etc. I'm not too hot on the computer front yet (course looming!), so wouldn't know how to go about it. Looking for ideas from others ........

------------------

lowlander.jpg

Well I personally would like to see it take paper form. I think we could market it and sell it. Use the money to pay for and keep Mrs. Survival alive and running.

Westbrook and I have been talking and she has some excellent idea's of how we can accomplish this.

I have a burner in my other computer that Senwolf is fixing for me right now. When I get it home, I can file all the recipes on CD for us to organize into a cookbook.

I have a good spell checker so that's not a problem. We need someone, many someone's to be a tester, to fix these recipe's and make sure there aren't any mistakes, errors and the instructions are easy to follow.

We will need someone like you to write section reviews and detailed instructions on how to do certain parts that are a bit difficult to understand.

We will need to also add recipes to it like how to make your own soaps, shampoos, bath soaks, ect.

I have some recipes for making your own livestock feed that I can add.

Darlene says she knows how to get it published.

I am a marketing rep. with strong sales ability. Marketing in this way is a bit out of my element, a dimension I have not done yet, but with help I am confident I can figure it all out and get the job done. I also have noticed that I am not the only one here in the marketing field. We all can pull together and use what resources we have and pull this all off for Mrs. Survival and for all of us.

I am so excited, we can do this, I know we can! And we can finally take all the burdon of Mrs. Survival off Darlene's shoulders and make a way for us all to carry the load around here. When shared, the work is lighter and easier, not to mention more meaningful and down right fun because we all have a vested interest in it, we all are doing it together as a team. As a family! So let's do it!

Hill

------------------

You can't stop the curve balls of life but you can choose how you will handle them.

hillbillee.jpg

Mrs. S used to have an easily navigated recipe book, but it disappeared. So many members had contributed to the book, and it was constantly growing. There were some truly wonderful recipes there...a few that are now yearly traditions at my home.

I like the idea of a book to purchase except that it has no growth possibilities, and I love the free exchange of changing/growing information.

Stargirl, I'd love to hear about some of your bath and cream recipes.

Me too, Stargirl! Can you make shampoo from your rosehips? I'd love to know about some of that stuff...someday I'd like to be able to do it myself...be as self-sufficient as possible.

About the cookbook...I think it's a wonderful idea! I'll contribue some Mexican recepies...real Mexican, not Tex-Mex...although those taste good too wink.gif. Yum...I'm getting hungry!

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Maybe we could have the best of both worlds,

Published and on cd. that way members can keep adding to theirs after they purchase the cd... what do you think?

------------------

lois.jpg

Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when

our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

[This message has been edited by Lois (edited November 25, 2002).]

Ok where count me in. I remember the old cookbook section. I will look through some of the old boxes that were being kept at my Moms house. I think I might find some printouts from the cookbook site. Where do I send them? Also I have a CDRW drive and would love to help in this project

Westbrook and I talked last night and she is setting up an address for the recipes to be sent to.

Please be patient with us, we are trying to get this organised. We will take ALL the help and ideas we can get on this project.

We do want to sorta do an add too...... We have plans to make the first cookbook then start on the second cookbook. Maybe do a continous series of cookbooks as we get more and more recipes.

Next project I would like to see us work on is in Reci's ball park. Simple Living! There is a wealth of information there that should not be let lust sit there. It could be another whole book in itself. But first things first, we don't want to get too many projects going until we get our feet wet with the cookbook.

What do you think?

Those who have a burner and want to help, the more the better.

Those who have organizational skills, PLEASE HELP.

Those who have printing or marketing skills, we really could use your help.

I know we are a graet family and a great team, together we ALL can make this work and make our home on the web self-supportive.

Hill

------------------

hillbillee.jpg

(Just bootin' this topic to the top!!) smile.gif

------------------

cat.jpg

*TEENAGERS*... God's way of helping parents clear the nest.

[This message has been edited by Cat (edited November 30, 2002).]

Here isa the address where you can send the recipes.

mrssurvivalrecipes@yahoo.com

We are also looking for anyone who wishes to help sort them and help put this all together. If you are interested please email me at: BeyondTheSidewalks@hotmail.com

Thank you everyone!

Hilly

------------------

hillbillee.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder, we are needing recipes for the Mrs. Survival cookbook. Anyone wishing to contribute or help out on it can do so by following the directions below.......

Here isa the address where you can send the recipes.

mrssurvivalrecipes@yahoo.com

We are also looking for anyone who wishes to help sort them and help put this all together. If you are interested please email me at: BeyondTheSidewalks@hotmail.com

Thank you everyone!

Hill

------------------

hillbillee.jpg

• 3 years later...
Guest Guest

I have copied off all the recipes on this website in our Kitchen forum.

I am in the process of cleaning them up for clarity and putting every one of them in a standard format.

If anyone runs across a recipe in the Orchard or other forum, please PM me and I'll go catch it.

Wow Cat! That's great!

I'm sure that's going to be a lot of work.

It is so nice of you to go to so much

effort for such a great cause!

Thanks!

Missie