MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Should Have Stayed Home

I had an unproductive day. I had a bright idea on how to store butter in a 'Stuff Hits The Fan' situation. Individual packets of butter! Like the little packs of catchup and mustard. KFC uses them. I went on line and Sam's Club has the Country Crock and Land O Lakes ones. Wooo-hoo. I drove all the way to Sam's and I couldn't find them. Very long story short, they have it but it has to be refrigerated. Kinda defeated my purpose. Sigh.

Last night I ordered some individual packets of salad dressing. I like Newman's Own well enough and they are charity driven so what the heck. After my butter fiasco today, now I'm wondering if they have to be refrigerated too. It doesn't say on the website. Sigh.

Then I decided I NEED a frappe machine. There is a method to my madness. I love McDonalds mocha frappe's. Especially in the summer. But they are $3.10 for a medium size. I looked those up on line too. Wal-Mart has them. Since they were right next door to Sam's... Another long story short is they are only sold on line. 'Not available in stores.' Same deal at Target. Pffft, I can get one at Amazon for around $50.00. They are cheaper with free shipping. But I wanted it today. Sigh.

I also need a new scanner/printer. The one I have is terrible. It uses tons of ink and is jammed more often than not. I saw one at Sam's and one at Best Buy but with the kind of day I was having I was afraid to buy it. Sigh.

So I was gone half of the day, spent time and gas running around and came home empty handed. The only thing I ended up buying was gas.

(((Jeepers))) Some days are just like this. You run faster and faster on that treadmill and you don't get anywhere! BTDT :buttercup:

As for a frappe machine, do you have a high quality blender? Make your own! We've invented all sorts of blender concoctions, including frozen mocha frappe thingies during the summer months. Mmmmmm, might need to go make one now!

P.S. Newman's Own doesn't require refrigeration! We love the stuff and during college, I actually kept a bottle in my dorm room and took it to the cafeteria with me. I didn't have a fridge and I never got sick! I believe it also says, or used to say, that it doesn't require refrigeration.

Hope your Saturday is more productive! :lois:

Wooo-Hooo Andrea. You just made my day. :cele:

I have a Ninja and a Magic bullet. The frappe machine I was looking at actually brews the coffee first. I was thinking about different coffees to use like vanilla and decaf. I just figured up the machine will pay for itself with less than 20 medium cups of frappe. Justifying here. :Blushing:

"The faster I run the more behind I get"? or perhaps "I'm so far behind I think I'm ahead"? I put my little packets of mayo, mustard, ketchup, taco sauces etc., in large canning jars and vacuum seal them down...except for the cases that I bought at Sam's.

I keep those little packets too. I never thought about vacuuming them in a canning jar. :thumbs:

Shoot, they would even look purdy sitting out. Mustard and ketchup would be a nice set. Add a jar of relish and one of taco sauce and mayo and you have a collection. Of course any more than that would just be hoarding. :whistling: