MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A few ideas :)

Darlene

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More smilies? Last time we had a major upgrade, I added a bunch. I guess I could look around for more again. :ph34r:

We are still 'brain storming' ideas. Some work, some missed the mark completely.

:sSig_thankyou: all for your input. I greatly appreciate it. I've been 'brain locked' for quite a while on design ideas. :scratchhead:

Is there a way to have a link to 'last unread' in a message?

Sarah, when you are in a section, or viewing "New Content", hover your curser over a topic line and a small black circle with a white arrow will appear near the "replies" and "view" counter. Click on that arrow and it will drop down the topic, showing part of the first post & who made it and part of the last post & who made it. Click on the words "last post" and it will take you to that particular post.

Is that what you were looking for?

:laughkick: I didn't know that trick either, Sarah! I'd been a mod for years before I even SAW the New Content thingie.

I use a different way within New Content: On the left-most side of any thread listing, there is a black dot. [not Annarchy's with the arrow] Instead of clicking on the topic, click on it's black dot. [Well, a solid dot...it's dark blue in my Simple format] It will automatically throw you to the next post you haven't read yet. Saves a LOT of time. :thumbs:

edited to add: sometimes it's a solid star...which indicates a lot of views on the thread ....but it's on the LEFT of the thread topic name

MtRider ...found that within the past year too... :rolleyes:

Edited by Mt_Rider

You guys know you can type the code of ANY of the smilies, right? Just put your cursor over the pic in the selection below. It will show you the code. Some are too complicated but many are simple to remember so you don't have to go find and click on the smilie you want to use. Just type it in.

Which is why I have so many :whistling: [ : whistling : ..without the spaces] smilies in my posts.

MtRider LOL = : lol : (without the spaces)

No, I didn't know that! Thanks!

Well, hello....I just discovered the quick navigation thingie next to where it says view new content.... Suggestion? A tutorial thread on how to use all the buttons on the site.

......... :behindsofa: .......

MtRider is not getting anywhere near dogmom. She just volunteered to do something..... :blink:

:008Laughing:

:008Laughing:

Even mods don't know how to work all the buttons! Even the simple ones. :grinning-smiley-044:

"Too many buttons, Wilbur!" {an old family saying}

Ummmm....not me volunteering...you have to know how to USE the buttons BEFORE you can do a tutorial...... Just sayin'...

:laughkick: ....OK, Dogmom. There's room behind my couch for more Button-Phobic folks. But it's a good idea for SOMEbody to do! :bouquet:

MtRider :behindsofa:

......"upgrade"?????

OK, now I AM hiding behind the couch. Baaad things can happen during "upgrades"..... :runcirclsmiley2:

Ahem.....so IF we do ever get around to a tutorial, everyone contributing what they've found might take the pressure off our dear Annarchy. Like we're doing now in this thread.

Pssssst, c'mon Dogmom!

:behindsofa:

The next 2 weeks are going to be slammed for me. My youngest son is visiting from Shanghai and I'll be going to Miami for my dad's 80th birthday so it'll be a little while yet before we get the site where it needs to be. The good thing is that with us going into the fall/winter months, that's a slower time for me so it'll help me to have more time to focus on these things.

As others said, no politics. As far as religion, I don't see it as religion...for me it's discussion about our relationship with Him. Long story short, the only thing that will never be removed from this site is an openness to talking about Him. I would think that there are a zillion reasons that many might not find our site attractive and if it's discussions about Him that is the cause of it, I'm sorry but that won't change.

In a funny way, that would cause me to be fired lol because I can't talk long without bringing Him into the discussion because He is the thread that weaves the fabric of my life :)

:thumbs: Yep...Jesus is the Lord of my life and I aint bashful about it! The first night I met MrWE2 and we danced I said "I'm a Christian, I love Jesus and He's first in my life. Do you have a problem with that?" His answer..."Nope" and a cute grin that stole my heart!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...