Maple Syrup Jelly??

Orange Jalapeno Jelly??

Mountain Dew Jelly????

There's LOTS more than jellies...

Thanks, Mare!!

I think I'll like this site!

CAT

Guest Guest

Earthlink has been running so slowly this week, that I haven't been able to post much.

I wanted to warn you to hurry up & get your cherries... our local news was saying that Michigan will only have cherries through next week!

Can't be much better in other parts, I'm guessing.

That was a great site Mare.....thanks!

I've been making strawberry jam and strawberry rhubarb.....this is the first time i've made jam and it's a hoot.....waiting for blueberry season to start...

I've got to go back and see if there was a recipe for brandied cherry's on that site.....is that where your getting your recipe?

I've found using the Ball low /no sugar pectin makes the best tasting jam.......have any of you used it and what did you think?

Guest Guest

Yep, here's the recipe. You can do the same thing with raspberries or blackberries. I paid $10 for a half pint of brandied blackberries in Oregon, but oh, were they good! Now I'll make em myself.

BRANDIED CHERRIES

3 1/2 pounds Bing cherries

2 cups granulated sugar

1 1/2 cups water

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1 1/4 cups brandy

Rinse, stem and pit cherries. Combine sugar, water and lemon juice in saucepan. Heat to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Pour 1/4 cup syrup into clean, hot jar. Fill jars with cherries. Add 1/4 cup brandy and more syrup as necessary to fill each jar, leaving 1/2-inch headspace; seal. Process in a boiling water bath 20 minutes.

Yields 5 pints.

Guest Guest

I've sent Caveman off to the Farmer's Market for cherries, and I'm off to the liquor store. Tomorrow I shall have 20 pints pinging away on the counter.

Yep, I think Lowie would like this recipe.

BTW........we got the Limoncello out, and is it ever good over crushed ice on a 105 degree day........just don't drive! One little juice glass was pretty potent.

• 3 weeks later...

yes deb, I quite fancy that one; I got some lovely organic bing cherries (fronm the US!) in Sainsbury the other week, but there are none left!!! I will get Mr Lowie to go to the market and see if he can pick up a crate for me and a barrel of two of brandy.............. one for the cherries, one for me...........

• 5 years later...