MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A good story about the younger generation

Last week, my hubby and I went to the big city (25 miles, 30,000 people) to do some shopping. Got home, unloaded and started emptying pockets. Oops, id wallet that I carry in my back pocket is not there. Where did I lose it? Went to the restroom, maybe there. Guy was going in to clean.

Could have gotten in trouble since my carry permit is in the wallet, that is the purpose for carrying it in my pocket.

Tried to call the store with the restroom. Just then hubby comes walking up to the backdoor with my id wallet with EVERYTHING IN IT. Says a car is out at the gate. So, I go out there. Seems that when I put the basket back at a different store, my id wallet fell out in the parking lot. I recognized him, he was parked next to me loading up when we did. He alone with his two children in car seats and his groceries.

He found the wallet, looked up our address on GPS (he's lucky, his is new) and drove to our house and honked the horn at the gate until we heard and came out. I talked to him awhile and during the conversation found out where he lived. Wouldn't take anything for gas or anything.

How far did he drive to bring that to me.....An extra 15 miles past his house, which means 30 miles out of his way.

How old? I figure maybe 30 and he is an immigrant(not from the southern border). He works on computers for a living. I talked a little to him and instead of a standard "bring it by and I will look at it", he gave me his honest opinion about whether it was worth fixing (wasn't). Don't need his help right now but you can bet when I do, his number will be the first one I call.

:woohoo::cheer::thumbs:

For the fact that you didn't permanently lose your wallet/ID...... :o

For the fact that there are still such honorable folks in this world....who are teaching their children by example. :cele:

MtRider ....very cool story....worth your anxiety to wait for the ending? :):amen:

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • 3 weeks later...