MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Gift suggestions for a two and a half year old?

HazelStone

Okay. Legos are getting seriously overpriced, and the smaller niece will be outgrowing Duplos soon anyway. We could get her a Queen Elsa doll, but two year olds like to unwrap presents as much as play with what's under the paper. We'll be at the family's Hanukkah celebration, so the deadline is a wee bit earlier for finding something.

I need suggestions for some small, cheap "unwrapping filler" gifts for a little girl who is a bit ahead of the curve on manual dexterity. Preferably noise-less, for the sake of her parents' sanity. Thoughts? Thanks for the help.

Look up recipe for edible play dough and put it in some decent containers from store? Box and wrap? If you knit or crochet , lots of little mini animals she could play with are pretty fast to do up if you have a variety of yarn and a couple patterns. Hedgehogs are big this year, or the minions.

We love the Sandra Boynton books, and there's always the "beginner" tray puzzles you could start her on. At that age, they REALLY love things that other people will be interacting with them to do. :)

One of the best presents I've ever seen a couple of little girls enjoy was a box full of 'dress up' stuff. They were kept amused for hours on the day of giving and went back to it on a regular basis. Things were added to freshen it up and things were removed as they wore out and looked tired.

Oh yes.. and they don't have to be the "correct size" dress up stuff from the toy store.. head to a thrift shop and anything pretty and bright and sparkly is a good choice. Scarves are excellent and can be a whole wardrobe by themselves. Hats are awesome. Costume jewelry and a box to keep it in.

One of the best presents I've ever seen a couple of little girls enjoy was a box full of 'dress up' stuff. They were kept amused for hours on the day of giving and went back to it on a regular basis. Things were added to freshen it up and things were removed as they wore out and looked tired.

Hmm, that idea I might steal for her birthday later on. See what we can scrounge up on post-season sales.