MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

question

I've been telling people for years to keep everything in hard copy. I have dozens of binders, packed with survival information, how to make things, how to preserve food, gardening ideas, patternless sewing, building techniques and plans, recipes, and lots more.

Quote:
I've been telling people for years to keep everything in hard copy. I have dozens of binders, packed with survival information, how to make things, how to preserve food, gardening ideas, patternless sewing, building techniques and plans, recipes, and lots more.

What got me to thinking was, we are originally from B'ham, AL and a torando touched down not too far from my mother. Their phones were messed up and power lines, cable, phone etc were down. Couldn't emal couldn't call. I was finally able to get through on a cell phone but it was not the best call. Found out they were all okay and were not hit. Then this morning I was reading the news and saw exactly where it did hit. It made me think long and hard about maybe I am not doing the right thing or I am not doing enough or maybe I am going about this the wrong way. I have all our personal papers in a folder ready to grab and run but I can't grab the computer and the laptop battery is only good for 2-3 hours max. What happens if the WWW as we know it takes a hit and the sites we all know and love go down. What happens if the government comes in and deletes these sites. I know I know what if a frog had wings..He wouldn't bump his butt when he jumped. But I don't want to be caught with unprepared when my family is depending on me. HUMMMMMMMM I have food for thought now. I would really like to hear some "old timers" opinions on this.
  • 1 month later...

I know this won't work if there isn't any electricity, but if I don't have time to print something that is very long, or I don't have enough paper right away, I print to a PDF file, using CutePDF. That way, even if I can't get back to the site I found it at, I still have it on my computer to go back to to print.

By all means, you can print it. smile

But, what I do is I copy and paste to my 'Word' program and then I can take out all the things I don't want. Then I print.

We too have all kinds of binders full of information. smileth6dee1705-2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I do like Snowmom. I copy and edit and shrink the print size. But on some of the threads from MrsS, I decided to leave in the banter that always occurs here. I just got to thinking that during some crisis, it would be good to read some of the funny stuff too. laughkick

MtRider

The 'Topic Options' button has a 'print topic'. Click on that and it will save a lot of computer ink.

Archived