MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

vacuum sealer and bags

windmorn

Has anyone ever used the Sinbo DZ-280 Vacuum sealer? It's on the www.vackpack.com website. I was wondering about bags from them as well. dh and ds are going to hike part of the Appachalian Trail this summer. I'm going to be responsible for preparing their food, and I've found that insulated bag cooking works better if you use a ziplock. The website has bottom fill ziplocks. I'd like to use them so that I can start making their meals now and not have to worry about it spoiling in a regular ziplock. Here's the special they are currently running on the sealer.

SPECIAL ! BEEF JERKY COMBO-Pack

1 Sinbo Sealer

PLUS - 100 pcs 6" x 8" <br soft="">Ziplok Vacuum Bags

Plus 30 Free Flat Vacuum <br soft="">bags

All For Only

$129.00

Part # BJ-COMBO<br soft="">

I have no direct knowledge of this vacuum sealer, but I'm not impressed with the (to me) out-dated use of the suction nozzle to vacuum seal a bag, but if you want to seal non-textured bags this would be the unit to use. FoodSaver (Tilia) and I believe even Seal-a-Meal abandoned that method in favor of the trough method with textured bags which allowed for a much stronger suction pump. The nozzle method is basically like sticking a straw into the bag and sucking out the air.

Archived