MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Have A Safe Thanksgiving

Jeepers

:lol: Cute!

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

We've got a chance at bad road conditions. The 'jury is still out' tho. Think Denver is in the cross + hairs, so I wouldn't want to be there. If conditions deteriorate, DH and I will scoot home. The MEAL is at noon so we should be good. At my folks' of course.

MtRider :amen:

Edited by Mt_Rider

I don't think they're old enough to drive do you? LOL We took care of all our business today and we're not planning to go anywhere until perhaps Saturday, and we'll go over to the Homestead and work more on our window project. Happy Thanksgiving to all her on MrsS!

Years ago some volunteers brought 3 cars and one that looks like a yellow cab with a top on it. Every single litter that I've seen loves to play and sleep in those cars. Who knew? Silly pups.

I'm staying put this year. I was invited to a couple of places but I'd rather stay home. Our weather is supposed to be nice. Son was coming but he has to work on Saturday so I told him to stay home and chillax. Not worth a 6 hour drive for a quick meal. I've never been into holidays anyway. I'll probably take the Jeep to the car wash (do it yourself) and get it cleaned up since no one else will probably be there. It really needs vacuumed out bad and a quick wash.

I am hanging out at home but the weather is so mild today here. All the wind last night blew in 50F weather! Slight overcast. Just puttering with pie in the kitchen today and making a nice dinner for myself later since I am only having chicken this year. Talked to my son, he was in a good mood. DIL was finishing up stuff for the troops ( marines) and they are adding in dishes and pies for a neighborhood , on base, potluck today with at least 26 people and assorted others that will stop in as time permits. GS was lively and chattering his 5 mos. old baby talk and sounded like he was having a blast in the back ground. Very cheerful happy little baby!

We talked small homesteading stuff on chickens and mini donkeys as they are good for chasing away coyotes. When they come back they want to start doing that themselves, grow healthy food etc. I need to write down what I found out so far on chicken breeds.

Told him about going to Nebraska and the offer my oldest brother gave me about Idaho in the years to come.

Talked to M out in Nebraska last night on fb chat, mebbe her DH too. I had a hard time telling at times since they often spoke in the third person about WHO I thought i was chatting with at the moment. Definitely think a root cellar would be a good addition. Anyway, it was cool and they will be part of a three family group for their Thanksgiving so that is great.

post-63323-0-11480800-1448565053_thumb.jpg

post-63323-0-79318200-1448565093_thumb.jpg

post-63323-0-64172700-1448565131_thumb.jpg

4.5 to 5 mos old now, my grandson. He is loving life!

Edited by sassenach

Oh my Sass, what a gorgeous little man! He is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing him with us today. That really made me smile.

It's so funny you mentioned mini donkeys. Just a couple of hours ago I took a couple of screen shots from the dog place that has 5 mini donkeys. Four littles and one mammoth. They were in pretty poor shape and were at an auction slated for the slaughter house. The baby wasn't even weaned. They were rescued and are now livin' the life.

They are a little hard to figure out so I added the arrows. They are so sweet.

post-2492-0-82190100-1448570653_thumb.png

post-2492-0-88881700-1448570672_thumb.png

I don't think they're old enough to drive do you? LOL We took care of all our business today and we're not planning to go anywhere until perhaps Saturday, and we'll go over to the Homestead and work more on our window project. Happy Thanksgiving to all her on MrsS!

Started raining (which was the forecast...and why we didn't go camping) so we've just stayed tucked in, and chose to get those two huge 71 cent a pound turkeys jarred up for "whenever"! LOL