MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

You Might Be A Survivalist If...

Leah

Quote:
just remember.... in the end.. I will have the fabric to make jeans, shirts, dresses, underware, bras, panties, slips, and aprons.

And I guess the rest of us will become nudists... 10.gif

snow.gif

Originally Posted By: Cat
Quote:
just remember.... in the end.. I will have the fabric to make jeans, shirts, dresses, underware, bras, panties, slips, and aprons.

And I guess the rest of us will become nudists... 10.gif

snow.gif

eek OMG Doh3.gif You DID NOT just say THAT!?! Eek.gifrofl3.gif

*necie wanders off mumblin': 'it's gotta be the full moon...gotta be...'*

You do not want me to become a nudist... rofl5.gif

OH!...... this is so good. I nearly wet my pants laughing so hard. Especially the Y2K and better preps in storage than you use everyday.

Now the fabric, we dont talk out loud about the fabric crammed in totes. That is a whisper only conversation. You know, nervously looking over shoulder,checking from side to side.

Skagit checks to see where DH is, before she dares type this.

The man just doesn't understand! And this is the man that has 6 pairs of electrical pliers. And the number of 9/16th. wrenches for brake adjusting; well lets say...when we cleaned out the longhaul truck there were 12. Snicker.

Boy have I got a lot of mileage from that particular incident!!

I'm with you Leah, I COULD become a nudist but after one look at me I'd be one LONELY nudist cause everyone else would die laughing. That's why I have a... ahem,,,,small stash of material also. TEE HEE!!! sewing Oh yeah and a little bit of yarn. knitgrin

bighug

Originally Posted By: Mother
I'm with you Leah, I COULD become a nudist but after one look at me I'd be one LONELY nudist cause everyone else would die laughing. That's why I have a... ahem,,,,small stash of material also. TEE HEE!!! sewing Oh yeah and a little bit of yarn. knitgrin
bighug

You gave me another one!!

If you cannot brush the dog, cut back vines, or even go for a simple idylic walk without seeing potential things to make yarn, thread, rope or cloth out of.

If you've ever became annoyed at a family memeber becuase they unthinkingly made a meal out of something you had in preps. You become more annoyed when you realize it's thrown off your count.

You cannot watch a single game show without calculating the preps you could buy with the contestants winnings.

You think Yard Sale signs have some wierd magnetic pull for your car causing you to turn down that lane.

**In the bathroom, after mentally tallying up your toilet paper stash *yet again*, you find yourself earnestly thinking up possible uses for the empty toilet paper cores.

rollingeyes

Possible uses for the empty toilet paper cores?

You mean besides crafts for the kids and firestarters?

Originally Posted By: WiccadStargazer
Screaming at people not to throw old phonebooks away...then marking them emergency tp as a note to self when you clean under the bed, and wonder what you were planning to do with them...

Actually suggest to friends that they can always use the pages of their old phone books as TP or firestarters. laugh

Think it's perfectly normal to tell people you don't how to use their recyclables! laugh
Originally Posted By: Leah
You've sewn a secret mini-BOBs into the bottom of your children's school backpacks.

Now, wait just a second. This is a great idea! I just told my a kids that I was going to be doing this! I didn't think about hiding it, I was just going to put it in the bottom in a plastic bag.
  • 1 month later...
Originally Posted By: westbrook

I have the fabric to make suits, jackets, sleeping bags if necessary! I will be able to make quilts, sheets, hats, christmas presents.

I have some of the finest batists for making christening gowns, blouses, nightgowns, slips...not to forget all the lace and ribbons.

My sewing machines do more then just a straight stitch!!! they do 30+ fancy stitches (the competition has nothing on me), I can sew through leather, 6 layers of denim, or sail cloth. I have the ability to use a 2 needle function and all this from a treadle! I can easily convert a serger into a treadle and offer a more secure stitch.

the patterns I have will cover any size from premie to 6X both men and women. I have the ability to design any pattern from a mear description after eyeing your body for a few minutes and have you wearing it in a matter of days.

SO in the end my little cookiejar... I will be laughing my way to the intervention.. eye the person doing the intervention, and have an article of clothing ready to give them as a gift the next day.. and it will fit too! that ought to have the mediator's head spinning.

now that is pretty humorous!

I think you are my twin sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband is sitting here helping me with this list...(he calls me a Preparedness Guru not a Survivalist)

You might be a Woman Survivalist/ Preparedness Guru if:

When your friends all call you Mrs. McGyver and it has nothing to do with how well your husband fixes things.

When you know how to dig an Ice Cave and enjoy sleeping in it.

When you can out fish the best fisherMEN in the family and THEY brag about you to all their friends.

When you can gut, clean, strip hide, hang to cure 2 days and then process an entire Buck Mule deer in one day, plus wrapping it and putting all the meat in a freezer by yourself, then clean up the mess before bedtime.

When your husband asks you to sharpen his hunting knives for him.

When your husband asks you to help finish 7 yards of concrete driveway and a foundation for a storage shed, but doesn't dare ask his macho buddies for help or You'll be offended.

You know more about generators than the guy at the Tool Rental place does.

You know how many hours your generator will run before it runs out of gas & how many Watts it puts out.

You keep asking your neighbor if his Elderberries are ripe yet, but the neighbor doesn't have a clue what you are talking about as he chops the branches down.

You go for a hike in Montana and come back with a bucket full of Huckleberries, Wild Strawberries or Choke Cherries and your friends ask you where you BOUGHT them. Duh!!!

Your neighbor cuts down his 20 ft. tall maple tree and you take the wood home in stove lengths, split it & stack it yourself.

When your husband's idea of Preparedness is: a Leatherman tool, spare boots and a change of clothes. And you are the one that needs to educate HIM.

earthqua When three 3.3 to 4.0 Earthquakes struck 20 miles away from your house last week and didn't scare you.

Because you know you'll be the only neighbor on the block 'prepared' if the Big One hits tomorrow.

And they all call me CRAZY.........sassing

• 2 months later...
Originally Posted By: Dora
BUMP

When you look at all the "ornamental grasses" and wonder if they make seeds in enough quantities to use for flour. lol
Dora

You go girlfriend! grin

When you can name 5 things you can make flour out of and wheat isn't one of them (too easy)
  • 1 month later...

OMG! This thread is so funny. Not because of the content but because I identify with some most of everything on that list.

I'm having such a strange feeling right now. I think for the first time I just fit in somewhere.

Now I'm going back to re-read it all and take notes.

Originally Posted By: Skagitgal
OH!...... this is so good. I nearly wet my pants laughing so hard. Especially the Y2K and better preps in storage than you use everyday.

Now the fabric, we dont talk out loud about the fabric crammed in totes. That is a whisper only conversation. You know, nervously looking over shoulder,checking from side to side.

Skagit checks to see where DH is, before she dares type this.

The man just doesn't understand! And this is the man that has 6 pairs of electrical pliers. And the number of 9/16th. wrenches for brake adjusting; well lets say...when we cleaned out the longhaul truck there were 12. Snicker.

Boy have I got a lot of mileage from that particular incident!!

A friend of mine was reorganizing her rather extensive fabric stash and her husband wanted to load it up and haul it to the dump. She told him "You do Buddy, and I'm hauling every tool in the garage to the dump!" LOL