MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Garlic Jelly - Water Bath Canned

those big chefs knives are awsome! i used to use paring knives for everything because my mom did...then i dated a chef.....;)

• 3 months later...

how can i change this recipe so that i use dehydrated garlic? the health board has said that i am not allowed to use fresh garlic because it would have to be tested before i can use it.

it seems like a hasstle...pay 5 times as much for the dehydrated garlic just so i can rehydrate it to make jelly....my cost per jar is about 2.50 i am charging 4.50 but this is gonna bring up the price. frown

• 4 weeks later...

If I remember correctly, there is some oil in the "jar-lic" which is not something you'd want to add to your canning. Also, the texture of the jar-lic is different than fresh and I'm not convinced that would can up the same.

I had my Garlic lab tested and the PH was 3.8, in the safe range so I can selll it. It needs to be below 4.6. I have NO idea what the heck that means or anything, but as long as i dont have to mess with dehydrated garlic. also, i bought a kilo of garlic for 1.70!!! WOWEEE!!! laugh

i need more pectin!