MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Canning celery and onions

Midnightmom

where is Violet when we need her?

Don't know about the sprouts but we do can celery and onions together for soup. The celery get to mushy to use in salads but works fine in soup. We can extra corn and string beans as well, Then when making soup just open a can of celery & onion , a can of corn and a can of string beans and add to pot of chicken stock and leftover meat from last nights dinner.

Like to do the sprouts too as I don't always have them going when I need them - Hope we can do it that way?

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Instructions for canning Mixed Vegetables: NCHFP - Mixed Vegetables

75 mins for pints, 90 mins for quarts. Adjust pressure as needed for altitude. IME it will be mushy. You can freeze the mixture with no problems.

I did try to post last night. I said exactly as Dave did. My computer freaked out and it would not post. Good job, Dave !

I do agree, the mixture would be too mushy for my taste. I freeze onions to pull out and use all the time. Celery I feel best dehydrated. Bean sprouts, I did not care for frozen. I just wait and buy them fresh or do without.

I did try to post last night. I said exactly as Dave did. My computer freaked out and it would not post. Good job, Dave !

I do agree, the mixture would be too mushy for my taste. I freeze onions to pull out and use all the time. Celery I feel best dehydrated. Bean sprouts, I did not care for frozen. I just wait and buy them fresh or do without.

Then it's a good idea I didn't buy too much..................just enough to experiment with. :ashamed0002:

Archived