MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Onion & bee stings

Guest Elder

Guest Elder

It's summertime! The kids are playing in the yard. Mom is planting flowers. Dad is mowing the lawn. Sooner or later, someone will be stung by a bee.

When this occurs,try this old farmer's remedy. Cut an onion in half and rub it on the sting for 5 minutes or so. You will be pleasantly surprised , for it really works.

Elder

I'm an egyptolgy buff and I tell you those people were better doctors then some of the quacks we got in lab coats today. Great things they used to treat wounds. . . They knew that honey would stop infections today we know that it is hydroscopic which means that it draws water out allowing no organisims to live. They also had moldy bread and knew about its healing properties long before pastur also Onion and Garlic juices they knew were antibiotics and of course willow bark long long before we in the west rediscovered these things.

• 3 years later...

I also have heard that spray deodorant works great on stings. Hubby recently got an arm full of mosquito nips...and used a hemorridal gel (we stock it because it says on the package that it stops itch & stings) and it worked great!!!