MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I Voted Today...

And I'm mad again. LOL

First of all we got a brand new state of the art library about 8-9 months ago. It really is nice. So I had to go there to vote. All of the parking spaces in front of the door are now marked with a sign saying the spaces are reserved for compact, fuel efficient cars only. It's about 12 spaces. I griped to the head librarian telling her it's a shame my tax dollars built that library and now only the elite and rich who can afford to drive the 'proper' car will get preferential treatment. She said the signs were only 'suggestions' and they had to put them up to obtain their green permit...whatever that is. Signs do not say that. They say 'reserved'. Still ticks me off. If I park my Jeep Liberty there it would probably get keyed.

On to the voting booth. I got my voters registration card in the mail last week because my voting site had changed. Half of the card was in Spanish. At the poll, the signs saying, 'vote here' were half Spanish. I got my 3 page ballot and over half of it was in Spanish. One whole page was in Spanish and the choices were "Si/Yes or No/No. My town has about 30,000 people and less than 1.5% are Latinos. Do we really need ballots for non English speaking people to vote? In America...less than 1.5% of them?

Maybe I sound racist. I don't care. But if you can't/won't speak English and you have the right to vote to increase my taxes, then I have a problem with it. BTW, there were 4 tax increase levy's on the ballot this time. And while I'm at it, I think you should have to be a property owner to vote for or against a property tax hike. I already pay just over $5,000.00 a year in property taxes but renters can vote for me to pay more if they want a new skate park.

I just found out if I don't respond this week to get an appointment to have my smart water meter installed, they can and will shut off my water. I suppose I should call Friday.

On a lighter note, pfffft there is no lighter note today.

Voting always gets my nickers bunched up. :soapbox:

The way I see it, they won't count my vote anyway. The PTB will elect and announce who they want and that is the way it goes. I have NEVER EVER seen anything I voted for come to pass. :banghead:

Oh, never mind... :shakinghead:

Edited by Annarchy
Better left unsaid...

Well, it's a new day and I feel better. Voting gets me fired up. I just think you should be able to read the ballot in 'American' to vote in America, regardless of what your country of origin is. It just feels like a slap in the face. I'd feel the same if it was written half in German, Russian, Arabic, Italian, Polish or as my grandmother used to say 'Switalan'.

They put controversial issues on the ballot during mid-tern elections counting on people not showing up to vote. Or forgetting to. All of the tax hikes that involved me personally failed this time YEAH! Except the sin tax passed. I voted against it because it lines the pockets of billionaires, who owns our 'pro' sports teams. And I can chose not to buy products associated with the new tax if I so choose. There is just something about giving a billionaire more of my money to build them a stadium, arena or field so they can turn around and make more money for themselves personally. They own the team...they pay for it and reap the rewards on their own. They don't need me to subsidize them.

Whew, guess I'm not as over it as I thought.

Still a little P'Oed at the library's new signage though. I'll work on that. :24:

I finally called about getting the $%^* smart meter installed. They won't be back in my area until July 14. Woot.

So now I'm gonna put on my Scarlett O'Hara curtain dress and, " Fiddle- dee-dee, I'll think about that tomorrow."