MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What's for Dinner? (With pics.)

Popcorn & tea? Wow. Sounds like DH's type of meal. :thumbs:

We almost had pizza last night. While waiting to be released from the hospital, the nurse's break room was across the hall from us. We kept hearing, '... has the pizza arrived yet?" Then, when it was delivered, every nurse and doctor in the area, were in and out of that room. It smelled good.

But, DH and I opted for a pot of pinto beans and tacos. No pics today, I was tired last night.

I made one of DH's faves for supper today. He is so happy. I made country fired steak with creamy gravy, mashed potatoes,steamed cabbage & tomatoes and tapioca pudding for dessert. He is losing weight(without trying) so I was glad to see him eat about 4 servings of spuds & gravy.

Mmmmm... stir fry. Momo, you made my mouth water and gave me an idea for dinner this week.

Breakfast for dinner, here too. :D

Hash browns, scrambled eggs w/cheese and toast.

Love the dollies with the gun! Nice feminine touch. :happy0203:

:Blushing: Thanks. He goaded me into the dinner pic. DH has me make new doilies, every now and then, when the top coasters get stained or the ferrets chew on them. :grinning-smiley-044: He's such a sweetie. :wub:

Oh, btw, I use the chicken jeresulam recipe without marajarm. White sauce, green onions, can of mushrooms and iunmarinated artichokes.

Tonight, DH wanted ribs. Misquete smoked ribs and corn on the cob. Meh, dinner.

image.jpeg

Smoking on the grill....

image.jpeg

Grrr guarding the BB Q.

image.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry no pic,but I ate it from my camping plate, enamel blue in color, lol.

Roasted chicken thighs dusted with herbs, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, a little salt, I like to add tarragon, but don't have any at the moment.

A handful of fresh green grapes, green beans and a small quesadilla with it.

I'm stuffed.....It was gooood.

• Like 1

I made fresh gulf shrimp in a butter/garlic sauce, corn on the cob, pickled beets and cajun rice last night.

Tonight I am planning on making rump roast, mashed potatoes/gravy, spicy carrots and salad.

• 1 year later...

Along with gardening I been a cookin' too!  Chicken fried steak, Patrami with beef gravy, chicken enchiladas, "zoodles" soup, yellow squash casserole, eggplant parmasan, stuffed  bell peppers, sautaed chicken nuggets, Tempura depped zucchini fries,  chili-mac,  zoodles alfredo, Tempura dipped chicken strips, spaghetti, spaghetti squash and Fajitias last night.  Tonight was Chicken Casadilla...forgot to take a pic! LOL

101_0472.JPG

101_0491.JPG

101_0478.JPG

101_0480.JPG

101_0481.JPG

101_0483.JPG

101_0485.JPG

101_0585.JPG

101_0512.JPG

101_0528.JPG

101_0531.JPG

101_0542.JPG

101_0556.JPG

101_0566.JPG

101_0571.JPG

101_0581.JPG

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

How about something 'different' for breakfast? 

I had 'american' egg fu yung....Made with ramen instead of sprouts (didn't have sprouts around).  

Make up 1 packet of ramen noodles. without seasoning, drain noodles well.  Chop a bit.  While ramen cooks, beat up 2 eggs, open a small can (or a big can and eat half ahead of time, LOL) asparagus.  Chop what is left.  You want about 1 cup or so. (Letftover veggies or meats of any kind are commonly substituted;)

When noodles are well drained, mix with the remaining ingredients, give it a couple shots of light soy sauce and whatever seasonings you like, and put in a heated and greased fry pan.  Cook up in a big patty, or make smaller ones.  Brown until they firm up; do both sides, then serve.    Had them for breakfast, kind of an Asian omelette  idea.  Even the dogs liked them!

Edited by kappydell
  • Like 2

Sorry, no pictures, but I made this recipe last night.  It's one of my husband's favorites. 

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/beef-with-peppers/

My pepper plants have gone into overdrive this year, so we are eating lots and lots of peppers!  I'm also cleaning out our freezer, so I made this with a markdown steak I had bought several months ago.  The only changes I made was in adding a tablespoon of chili paste (dh likes it spicy) and using dried ginger because I was out of fresh.  

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...