MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

DEHYDRATING

Guest Guest

:wave: Great to see you here, Lynn!! :hug3:

Oh yay! I didn't realize you were here too. Now I have two FV friends identified :)

That youtube link is dangerous, I tell ya! That's how I got hooked too. I'm trying to get my mum interested now. My parents spend their weekends at their cottage and I'm convinced dehydrated foods is the best option for them there...lol.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lay them out on a large flat cookie type sheet do not let them touch each other and place in the freezer. After they are frozen you can wrap in wax paper 1 bacon strip role wax paper over then place next bacon strip, then role paper again until all are wrapped. Place them in a zip lock or vacuum bag. By having them not touching each other on the cookie sheet they freeze faster. Or at least that is how I do it. By wrapping them it is easy to pull out 1 or 2 at a time as needed, like when you want just 1 to add to a dish for flavoring.

Explain how to fast freeze, please.

Thanks

I've always called it 'flash' freezing. I do this alot with berries, just throw them out onto a cookie sheet and leave until they just begin to freeze, then take them out and Foodsaver them.

This keeps my vacuum sealer from crushing them. ;)

Michelle in middle Tennessee

• 2 years later...

Good thread! I SHOULD be dehydrating the 25# bag of carrots [so cheap that way - ask for the 'juicing' carrots and wait til they have a shipment that is not all forked and difficult!]. But the past two and a half weeks have been NON-STOP.

:tapfoot: HEY! How did I get allll of that in my schedule????

MtRider [...gonna have hairy carrots at this rate... :shrug: ]