MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What's in your flu box

gofish

Well last winter I had pneumonia and just a few weeks ago stomach virus (flu), so I'm fixing two flu boxes now. I was not prepared for that stomach flu. My dad has Alzheimers and its only the two of us, he was unable to do things anymore. I needed so many things, so I'm fixing a box now to sit beside my flu box.

My flu box is sparce so I'm having to add everything. Need to add some more cough syrup for sure from Vitacost.com, I think that's it, found it from on here. Only thing I've found I can take with all the meds I take and it works. So I've got to start getting that together.

BTW, does anyone know anything good to help build your immune system up so not to catch everything that comes along. I so don't want to get sick again this winter, esp. pneumonia, and I feel like my lungs are still weak. Still cough a lot a night. Just wondering.

Well last winter I had pneumonia and just a few weeks ago stomach virus (flu), so I'm fixing two flu boxes now. I was not prepared for that stomach flu. My dad has Alzheimers and its only the two of us, he was unable to do things anymore. I needed so many things, so I'm fixing a box now to sit beside my flu box.

My flu box is sparce so I'm having to add everything. Need to add some more cough syrup for sure from Vitacost.com, I think that's it, found it from on here. Only thing I've found I can take with all the meds I take and it works. So I've got to start getting that together.

BTW, does anyone know anything good to help build your immune system up so not to catch everything that comes along. I so don't want to get sick again this winter, esp. pneumonia, and I feel like my lungs are still weak. Still cough a lot a night. Just wondering.

Hubby used to have pneumonia every year until he took the pneumonia shot. You only take it twice in your lifetime, and from our point of view...well worth the time and money to not get so sick when you have weak lungs. Just our thoughts. Hugs to ya!

• 3 months later...

I'm getting a sound/feeling like three or four little bubbles popping as I exhale. To me, this is the time to double my water intake and start the daily multivitamin (as opposed to a couple or three a week) plus a daily side dose of Vitamin C tablets. Usually, this just goes away. When it doesn't, Katie bar the door!

Everybody needs a long handled vibrator in their flu kit. Use it to loosen chest congestion so you do not get pneumonia. I recommended it to two friends this season. Once started to get pneumonia but started using the vibrator and has recovered. The other friend didn't think it would help and he is now spending his holidays in the hospital with pneumonia.

Everybody needs a long handled vibrator in their flu kit. Use it to loosen chest congestion so you do not get pneumonia. I recommended it to two friends this season. Once started to get pneumonia but started using the vibrator and has recovered. The other friend didn't think it would help and he is now spending his holidays in the hospital with pneumonia.

Indeed.

Hey CGA...brought in our BIG heated massage unit, hiding behind my back, walked up to Mountain Man and pulled it from behind my back. Never took the hint! LOL dah...perhaps if I plug it in, turn it on, put it in his hand, sit on the floor in front of his recliner, he'll take the hint? LOL Who says ya need a cold to have a good old back rub! LOL :laughkick: Guess that's one good reason for a long handled one!? Thanks though, I'm sure it will help relieve congestion too... :laughkick:

The vibrator works a LOT better than pounding. I've done both with asthma. Wouldn't be without the vibrator now. I was using it today because I could feel a plug behind one of the scars on my lung (scars from lymphoma).

The long handle is so you can use it on your own back. I don't have anybody to use it on my back for me and the long handle has been a life saver, literally.

Herbal Anitiotics: Naturazl Alternatives for Treating Drug-Resistant Bacteria by Stephen Harrod Buhner

Oscillococcinum

ginger drink from the Asian store or crystallized ginger - from Buhner's book - effective as codeine for cough, thins mucus, reduces fever by inducing sweating, reduces, cold chills, reduces inflammation in the lungs, calms nausea, reduces diarrhea, equal to or better than ibuprofen as an analgesic

Homemade chicken soup

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sweet oil works for ears it helps soften ear wax so it drains out also helps with infections. Don't pay extra for sweet oil at the store it is just olive oil.

I keep garlic oil for ears, as well as food grade garlic oil (in the fridge) and it's wonderful for ears. it's worked so many times I can't count, to rid an ear of infection & get it draining.

If you have to clean up vomit, put ground coffee on it first. It takes away the smell and dehydrates it--you can then sweep it up easily

Wish I'd of known this, this morning at 6:00 am, when Abby-girl chucked up a piece of corn cob (where she got it we don't know)! Wasn't stinky but just nasty. Used Spot Shot to clean the rug afterwards and she won't go near the spot now! LOL